So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

If we win all our games… I don’t care what else happens.

Win all our games and top 4 is still in the mix.

And even if all we manage to do is scrape in and beat the Tiges week 1 before bowing out it will have been a glorious season.

7 Likes

The team would win the game but stacks of our fans would miss the next final after being hospitalised by their rabid (literal) fans.

I would frank the tank out the front of M3 if we got up against the tigers

5 Likes

We need to win a final this year. Missing finals is not an option with the team we have.

2 Likes

We are so losing the next four games.

That’d be OK. Who wants to win pre-season trash anyway?

5 Likes

■■■■ it, I’m going all in and lid off.

One thing the North game showed me is that we can have a slow start and not look great but turn it on when needed and do what must be done. The fact we couldn’t do that against Brisbane and have turned it around so quickly deserves some praise. We are straight up the AFL version of Liverpool; North didn’t play that badly, played quite negatively and basically did the soccer equivalent of parking the bus and we couldn’t seem to play our own brand as freely as when we play a better team who has gotten where they are by playing on their terms. We play much better when we’re allowed to do what we want with the other team trusting their own game plan instead of doing everything they can to stop us and hoping to hell they can steal a win. When we play on our terms we carve the opposition up, just need to tighten up when we play lower teams and not expect it to happen as we did against Brisbane.

I may well be let down at the end of the year but I’m ■■■■■■■ over being a sadsack and feeling like the world is against me and my team. We need some belief after 4 years of heartache and disappointment (not to mention around 15 years of mediocrity). Now I’m not talking about having Richmond levels of blind faith, my cousins and brother have shown me what happens with that, but I need something to keep me going and I think this team has the potential to do something special, or at least build towards something special.

9 Likes

If only we had beaten Sydney and Brisbane we would be in 4th right now.

My ladder prediction has us finishing 4th if we win all games, drop one and 8th, but it’s been that type of season anything could happen right across the board.

Will be barracking for the tin rattlers next week and anyone in the bottom six playing sides above us.

Yep
Plus as fked as it sounds if we lose I would much rather lose against Richmond

Can’t stand Melbourne and their wanker fanbase

I just care that we make finals and play ■■■■■■ well.

Do that and I reckon the rest takes care of itself.

WTF

11 Likes

Not week 1, but I like the idea of the Tigers finishing top 4, losing week 1, and us getting through to play them week 2.

Our monkey would already be off the back, theirs would be amplified.

Knock the Tigers out in straight sets. Now that’s a good season of footy.

21 Likes

Il fkn take anyone. Just make it

If we do, Wherever we are week one be it here, Adelaide, Sydney or Melbourne - il be there

8 Likes

The Royal :ok_hand:

1 Like

I know I’m weird

But I legit cannot stand the Melbourne Football Club

Same here. Not weird at all. They are still responsible for one of the weirdest things i have ever seen at the footy.

I remeber at halftime back in 2010( the game where the umps paid at least 6 dodgy 50m penalties against us) they had some guy play the stars wars theme song on a trumpet in their members area. Just bizarre

Quite the opposite for me, I have too many mates who belong to the Tiges’ mob and dropping a September game to them would particularly hurt… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Beat the Dogs this week and I’ll truly believe, and I think we should if we play to form. Win 4 in a row and that’d be a great achievement, unfortunately this club wins a few then thinks it OK to have a down game.

2 Likes

I want —ton on a stake.

1 Like