So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

No I know what it is, he wrote dees in his original post, so I was querying that

Most likely the teams on 13 wins will hold positions 7 & 8. We need 5 wins to get there. There’s 9 teams fighting for 4 places in the 8.

The teams that could win 13 games, with the no. games they need are:
Richmond (4 of 7)
Sydney (4 of 6)
Melbourne (4 of 6)
St Kilda (4 of 6)
West Coast (5 of 7)
Bulldogs (5 of 6)
Essendon (5 of 6)
Freo (6 of 7)
Hawthorn (6 of 6) -

Teams we want to win:

Teams out of contention:
Gold Coast
Buckley’s Coaching Career
Brisbane
Fark Carlton
North Melbourne

Teams that wont drop out of the 8
GWS
Geelong
Adelaide
Port (2 of 6) - They’d need to completely fall flat on their faces. Would be hilarious.

6 Likes

I have us making it dropping both Dogs and Crows. We would slide into 8th and get Sydney at the SCG.
Turn 1 of those 2 losses into a win and we could finish as high as 5th and get Richmond or Melbourne at the MCG

3 Likes

Mathematically possible to finish top of the ladder.

2 Likes

Luckily we have a great percentage

1 Like

I’ve got us missing the 8.
We should beat North and Fremantle. The Bulldogs, Carlton and Gold Coast games are danger games. They are the kind of games where we think we’re better than them when we’re really on par with them so go in all confident and don’t work hard enough to get the win and we’re left with Essington threads all over the place. I don’t see us beating Adelaide.
I think Port will drop out with the Bulldogs replacing them.
If we win our danger games, then we jump in instead of the Bulldogs.

Port ain’t dropping out IMO, they will finish top 4
Saints will be the ones to miss at either us, Dogs or the Eagles expense

2 Likes

It’s as if the Brisbane game wasn’t three weeks ago.

11 Likes

Win next week and it’s feasible we’re in 7th

Sydney beat Saints at home
Port beat Melbourne at the G
Pies beat WCE at Etihad

Congratulations this thread related us to 9th.

We’ll take Saints spot in the 8.

It will be saints out I think they’ve got a tough run coming up; Swans, port, Eagles (good game for us), Dees

So they could very easily lose all of those, and if they go 2-2 beating eagles and dees we are laughing

Melbourne plays GWS and Port in the next month and Richmond plays GWS and Geelong so we will hopefully always be in touch with these teams

Season has settled down in the last 2 weeks with the favorites winning most games and the bottom sides looking ahead to next year and playing the kids.

Can’t see too many teams we’re fighting it out with dropping games against the bottom 6-8 from now on.

One huge thing in our advantage is the Dogs have to play the Suns in Cairns next Saturday arvo. Hopefully the humidity takes a bit out of them and they also won’t be able to fly home until Sunday

3 Likes

Our topsy turvey form says NO

After Nth Rolls us 78 - 59 we can delete this thread.

4 Likes

Before this round, ending on 12 wins (i.e. dropping 2 more games) gave us an 80% chance of making the finals.

See the graph at the bottom of this linked article.

3 Likes

I like pretty much all of us thought we farked ourselves with the Brisbane loss. But maybe, just maybe it was a huge wakeup call. The Sydney loss was from a terrible last couple of mins due to fatigue, but after that loss I really thought we had arrived. To almost beat a red hot Sydney at the SCG in the wet was the huge test, and I thought we would cop a flogging. But we came at them bravely in the 3rd quarter and should have pinched the win.

Our contested ball and clearance work has been my biggest worry since the start of the year. But we have improved this area dramatically since the bye. I also think our book ends are the best in the comp.

But the huge glaringly obvious problem like many other teams around our mark is consistency. Is this because we get ahead of ourselves against lower teams? Or more that we run out of legs? I really don’t know to be honest. Probably a combination of the too.

Our best is easily good enough to do it, but I think we will loose 2 games on the run home. Leaving our finials aspirations in the hands of the other teams.

Nope. Will finish 9th and ponder what might have been had we not Essingtoned the Lions.

4 Likes

If I am reading that correctly we are about an 80% chance of making it if we win 4 our of the 6?

2 Likes