So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

I would like us to play finals but unless we give away the competion of who can be the cleverest with the footy we won’t.

This season is so incredible, that if they get over the Crows today, I think they could finish on top.

1 Like

Running all the perms through and it will take some pretty unique results to get a finals berth with just 2 more wins. 3 wins and we are still not locked in. 1 win and it is all over.

I want us in the finals so badly but also sick of the fact that our last 15 years of finals trips seem to have involved scraping into 8th on % and then being duly smacked out in the first week in a tough interstate death match.

The Carlton and Brisbane losses hurt at the time and still smart… and the disaster against Sydney was always going to bite us. Those 3 should have been wins and then it would be a whole different discussion. Such is life.

If we lose against Adelaide then we could finish the dreaded 9th which is just about the worst position to finish in… no finals and no high draft picks. urgghhhh.

It’s not at Etihad that game. Eureka Stadium (Mars Stadium) in Ballarat IIRC.

If we make a final, you are not allowed to get excited with your negative attitude :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I still have us finishing 8th on percentage and losing to the crows. If we win all 3 we could go as high as 6th

As long as we don’t lose more 3 in a row before the end of the year, I’m ok with our season.

3 Likes

So port will definitively stay home then

Have to agree with his, its all between the ears sure the list has some deficiency, as does every other list in comp. But our best is very very good. I am rightfully more confident at beating Adelaide then our other 2 matches.

IMO West Coast are done. They’ll beat Carlton next week but they have GWS away & Crows at home afterwards which I think they’ll lose both. I’ve heard the Crows will rest players argument, but I don’t buy it, with the bye between end of season & finals, why would Crows rest players for a fortnight going into finals where if they win their first final, then get another week off? I can’t see it happening.

Saints will likely only win one, maybe two of their 3 games.

Melbourne have a big game next week against saints & IMO that determines whether they play finals or not. Lions the week after is :white_check_mark: & Pies in round 23 is a :question: Two out of three at best IMO.

Dogs also might only win two more, GWS on Friday is a :question:, Port in Ballarat is :white_check_mark: & Hawks last round (Hodge farewell game) :question:

IF we win two & not go backwards on percentage too much I still think we make it. Whether that’s a good thing or not remains to be seen. Our last few finals haven’t been positive experiences unfortunately.

I think if we do manage to make the finials the week off will do us more benefit then a lot of other teams. Would be quietly confident if we made it of winning one.

1 Like

We are only 3 1/2 games off top… Considering how average we have been at times that is simply remarkable. We have massive upside and are a genuine threat to all sides now. The future is bright.

Win all 3 and we are a certainty to make finals.

Win two, and we need to hope that Melbourne drop a game in their last 3.

Win one, and it’s lights out.

My ladder is as below with us losing to Adelaide:
CROWS 66
GIANTS 60
RICH 60
CATS 58
PORT 52
ESS 48
DOGS 48
MEL 48
WC 44
SAINTS 44

West Coast have Carl, GWS and Crows
Dogs have GWS, PORT and HAW
Mel have Saints, Lions and Coll and COULD win all 3 (although I have them dropping the Pies game)

Essendon V Bulldogs Elimination Final at the MCG then we hope the Tiggies beat GWS in the 2nd Qual final and we meet the Tiges at the MCG!!

Wishful thinking!!

We just need to look at Richmond, to see what we could have been, had we beaten Carlton, Brisbane & Melbourne. This was the year to sneak into the top 4.

2 Likes

I think dogs v port is far from a lock. I actually reckon port will win

Results this weekend went as good for us as they could, bar brissy knocking off the dogs

Think we’d like gws to beat dogs next week

Think you’re forgetting a side in your top 8.

1 Like

Reckon the Swans might just sneak in there somewhere too.

Edit: beaten to it

Whoops - you’re right. Had Sydney on 52…

Back to the drawing board! Elim final in Sydney it is…!