So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Necessary wink.
Some people actually have this attitude.

We have 3 x regular season games left

Our 2017 form says weā€™ll play

• one blinder & win by ten goals
  • one average where weā€™ll either scrape home for a win (like yesterday) or blow it like vs Shitney
  • one shocker like vs Bears

Question remains which Bombers will turn up for each ā€¦ ?

2 Likes

Which umps will Sydney choose?

2 Likes

Theyā€™re really making you wait for St Essington this year, arenā€™t they?

3 Likes

That would suit me just fine. Third time lucky it will be!

Iā€™ve got Port at AO or Geelong at the G.
Swans to finish top 4.
Reckon the Cats may not win another game or 1 at best

Sydney to forfeit points?

Hopefully not the oneā€™s that have umpired the last few years.

However Demetriou will give Gill a call and they will roll out:

Dean Margetts
Leigh Fisher
Mathew Nichols
Troy Pannell

1 Like

Just focusing on 7/8 position.

So for next week, Iā€™m guessing

We lose
Doggies lose
Melbourne lose
Saints win
Eagles win

That will put us out of the 8, Eagles will move in with the Doggies and Saints will be out by %.

Following week

We win
Saints win
Doggies win
Melbourne win
Eagles lose

That will put Saints in and keep Doggies in the 8. And weā€™re out with equal points (but higher percentage) than Eagles and Melbourne.

So with Round 23

We need to win
And either Saints or Doggies need to lose for us to sneak into the 8. Melbourne and Eagles results shouldnā€™t effect us unless itā€™s a massive percentage booster for either of them.

Thatā€™s assuming we keep the upper hand % and donā€™t get blown away against the Crows.

Does that sound kind of right? Or have I got myself confused?!

1 Like

May not fall this year.

Iā€™m still bitter about the losses to Port at Footy Park in the 2000s when Fletch was suspended. Donā€™t think I could cope with a repeat.

2 Likes

Close enough, Wanderlust. By my reckoning for quite some weeks a likely successful target for us was to win 12 games and stay ahead of West Coast on percentage.

If Melbourne stuff up an extra game and finish on 12 wins, then their very similar percentage may become a tie-breaker too.

But one odd result and many positions can change.

1 Like

west coast with a likely percentage booster this week over carlton. at subi, they will beat up on them

if we lose to adelaide, i think its important to not go down by 10+ goals

not only hoping we beat adelaide this week (for EFC sake), but it will also probably mean Adel have to go full strength to Perth against WCE in round 23 to fight for top spot. If they have it wrapped up, they might rest a bunch (i know there is a bye after round 23 and finals, but the games in Perth, i think theyā€™d prefer not to travel)

Youā€™d hope that they have a full strength side. If Crows have a home final, and then donā€™t play until a prelim, thatā€™s 1 game in 4 weeks for some of their players if they rest them round 23. Not ideal Iā€™d imagine.

Adelaide didnā€™t exist in 1990, what the hell would they know?

1 Like

Iā€™ve done the AFL predictor a few times and i keep having us miss the 8 (assuming we lose to the crows).
:frowning:

What do you guys get?

Not using that, but currently I have us in ninth, 0.13% behind West Coast (and 6% ahead of Footscray). Then Hawks and St Kilda.

i.e. donā€™t fall asleep after quarter time against Carlton, and we were in.

a 60 point hiding to adelaide, combined with west coast smashing carlton would make it tough for us

youā€™d think the dogs would lose one of gws or port in the next fortnight

saints beating melbourne would help as they are unlikely to catch us on percentage

Thatā€™s a pretty presumptuous statement to make, are you implying you can guess the scores exactly for all the remaining games? Who is to say we donā€™t beat Freo by 60 points and cruise in % wise

Donā€™t underestimate DJR.

3 Likes