So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

I understand your reasoning but I don’t agree with it. We’ve got quite a few wild cards in our team that can cause trouble when it all clicks so I’d rather make it and have a crack than miss out just for a clean out. Even if we made finals, the way Jobe is going I’d be very surprised if he wanted to go around again let alone have the club enable it.

No fkn way do I want McVeigh

Would have been a handy pick-up in 2013.

Wait until Jackets pulls of the coup of Masten, Shittard and McVeigh :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes. May as well finish bottom 4 instead of 9th

That’s probably what williedick and another poster were alluding to in the Props to dodoro thread last night

Has become the Essendon off season formula.

I’m praying we get cats at the G and murder them

1 Like

I have us in 8th on percentage and going to Sydney.

The umpires for that game will be: Leigh Fisher, Troy Pannel and Mathew Nichols.

You can bet on it.

3 Likes

I would like to see us make the finials. But with the footy we have played against poor sides we don’t deserve it. Seems as a team we don’t want to work hard. Only just want to do the bear minimum to win. We get up for the strong sides as we know we have too. But its hard to put the effort in to support the players against poor sides. When they are not putting in the effort themselves.

There are a few players like Tippa, who give 110% everyweek, but a few others give about 90% against poor sides. Its the small things they don’t do, the chase to lay a hand on an opponent to effect a kick, or a shepherd, the hard hitting tackle. its the one percenters that we really lack against the poor sides. Its not good enough. I don’t think these players deliberately do it, but its something subconscious and ingrained into them. We need some very good sports psychologist to change some mindsets.

1 Like

It’s a funny piece, there, Munna. I don’t want to be disrespectful and have a play with all the potential puns - but’s it’s so difficult not to!

3 Likes

haha fair enough

1 Like

In all honestly, has there been a more pathetic team make the finals in AFL/VFL history than West Coast if they make it. Atleast Essendon 2009 earnt there spot in the last round, this rabble is going to make it beating up on crap at home.

It makes me sick they’re still in contention after the way they’ve turned it up in just about every game they’re challenged by the opposition.

If we’re out of it I hope the Saints or Melb get in ahead of them as funny as it would be for both clubs to miss after the wank fest surrounding both clubs this year.

14 Likes

Yep
Unless I’m catching up with mates to watch a game, I highly doubt I’ll be tuning into watch the finals.

Can Geelong miss if they lose three in a row?

Yes. But we’d need to win all 3 to kick them out. Or if WC win all 3

Yes, they can and boy are they in trouble at the moment. Mind you, their drawn game might help them make it

I would very much like to see Chris Scott’s face if they did.

10 Likes

Port? Beaten up on crap all year & will make it despite not beating a top 8 team all year. WC beat Port at AO as well as Dogs at Etihad so IMO have more credibility than Port

That’s not real fair. Port also beat WC at Subi, and haven’t played the Dogs yet