So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Just ran the predictor thing. Ive got us losing to Adelaide, finishing 8th and Sydney 5th. But that would change if the Dogs cant ruin Hodges farewell game and tbh I’m not sure they will. In which case we’d end up 7th and Dogs drop to 8th.

Mind you, there’s so many games that are literally 50/50 that I could easily have gone with the opposite result and that would change things big time.

If we make it, its not impossible that we’d play Geelong week one, for example. And if we do somehow beat Adelaide then look out, we could actually give top 4 a serious nudge depending what else happens.

Of course, we can still miss out entirely.

5 Likes

I think if we lose to the crows and Melbourne beats the Saints on Sunday we’re done. We’d need a lot to fall our way otherwise

1 Like

Pretty much the way I see it too

Pies will prob turn over Melbourne in the last game

3 Likes

When I ran the predictor I had us finishing 8th, even if we lose to the Crows which is expected?

In a season as unpredictable as this, we just got to sit back and enjoy the ride, one week at a time.

It relies on Melbourne to drop a game though. They will go into all three of their last games as the favourite. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win all 3

I reckon that is just about a lock.pies are still playing decent footy and bucks will be throwing the kitchen sink to get the win and keep his job.

They have lost to Norf twice this year and were shocking against a GWS side that has been struggling for weeks. I don’t think the Dees are as good as everyone thinks. Wouldn’t be surprised if they only won 1 more game

I hope you’re right. But I don’t think that the Saints and Pies are that good either. Pretty soft run for them

Pies are playing ok, were 50 points up on the best side in the comp and unlike us they embarassed Norf.
They are having a bit of a dip late in the season

2 Likes

Haha, yeah I had Pies beating Demons and us making it on percentage.

Then again knowing us we’d probably get ahead of ourselves and drop the Freo game. Guess we just have to take it one game at a time and hope for the best.

1 Like

We’ll have to see what happens to the form of both teams over the next couple of weeks. Dees did beat them early in the year. Either way it will suck relying on other results going into r23

If it comes down to us or West Coke I’m sure the Freo lads will try their very best to make sure the Eagles get in lol

2 Likes

haha, that would be interesting.

Ace - why does Masten keep coming up…?

I think St Kilda can beat Melbourne.

1 Like

Because the favourites going in have won so many times this year??

I’d actually be very surprised if any team outside of the top 4 that has been favourite 3 weeks running, has won 3 weeks running this year.

Just a couple of whispers that I’ve heard we may be interested in him. Eagles are looking to perhaps offload him and Woosha would know him well. Wouldn’t mind his other half coming to the club though lol

Tx - not sure I’m a Masten fan though…

Although we could do with some midfielders with Tatts…!