So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

He is a squibbish potato, don’t want him anywhere near the club.

2 Likes

True. But regardless of what has happened we’ll be relying on it happening again. My hope is that they can’t even win the first one. But even then we’ll end up hoping for Saints to lose r23 against the tigers.

If only we can get the win this weekend

Thing is assuming we lose to Adelaide and win Freo and GC (assuming)

We need Saints to beat Melbourne, but then also need Richmond to beat Saints in rd 23
And we know how that ended last time

Seriously Essendon
Just win all fking 3 games

2 Likes

I hear you MD…

They gave some sides some hidings Home & Away early, but in the past 9 games, Adelaide have not had it all thier way by any means away, having lost one & drawn one, and got over by just 12 points to FCFC from the past 4,the solid win over Melbourne the exception

And they have been less than convincing even on their own dung hill on a couple of occasions from them too, even losing one to Hawthorn…

Adelaide Crows12.10 (82)
Hawthorn14.12 (96)

Carlton12.5 (77)
Adelaide Crows13.11 (89)

Adelaide Crows13.13 (91)
Geelong Cats10.10 (70)

Collingwood15.13 (103)
Adelaide Crows16.7 (103)

Geelong Cats13.18 (96)
Adelaide Crows10.14 (74)

The only real thrashings they dealt out were against Saints Bulldogs & Port,… ALL at home.

They are certainly not unbeatable at our favoured venue if we are switched on, … especially if they take us lightly, as the games against Carlton, Colliflogs & Hawks might indicate they are prone to do at times.

Bombers by 12 - 18 points.

4 Likes

I just had a look at their draw. Pretty soft draw if you’ve got an interstate team that will beat most teams at home. They seem to play a lot of crap teams away, or like Melbourne in darwin(?), which doesn’t advantage melbourne at all.

We really should be in with a good shot at beating the crows. Appeal for Zerrett!!!

The big advantage we hold is the 5% percentage differential. You wouldn’t want to blow that this weekend.

Worst case scenario is A saints and dees draw

I would stop watching if we recruited masten

10 Likes

If we beat the crows we’ll play finals imo, it’s that simple

Saturday is our grand final

2 Likes

The competition is that fkn even, you just need to bring your best footy and you win. The Collingwood fkn pelicans had the crows on toast 50 points up 2 weeks ago. If they can, we certainly can

6 Likes

im getting in early for membership, so that if we get pittard i can call up and cancel it.

1 Like

Not if we win this weekend

4 Likes

You know what, supporters will be disappointed not making finals this year but in reality the team have made great strides in the credibility stakes with 2018 promising to be an even better year.

That’s not to say the players aren’t doing their all to get there. Thing is, there’s too many variables and Essendon struggle to string any more than 3 games together. They’ll need 4 to make the 8. Ain’t happening. So close …

If we don’t make it I will be disappointed, as we will have gotten pretty close (unless we drop all 3 remaining games).
It’s hard to measure improvement seeing as we were always going to be better than last year.
You could say that “just missing finals” is better than average considering our last decade of performances, so at least we are back to average.
As for next year, I’m not so confident we will do any better. This year a lot of teams seem to be dropping games, the comp is more even, and that could change next year if some good teams get great and some lesser teams like Carlton Saints Norf get better.
We expect to get better but dropping senior players doesn’t guarantee more wins, and younger players like Mutch, Begley, Francis, Langford don’t guarantee instant results (see Laverde and Langford’s recent call ups).
It’s important we go as far as we can this year, no excuses.

3 Likes

It will be the manner in how we miss out that will determine my level of positivity/negativity. If we miss out because of results in the last three rounds not going our way despite our best efforts then I’ll feel positive and accept the Sydney and Brisbane losses cost us. If we have our destiny is in our hands and completely capitulate then maybe not so much.

1 Like

This week is really do or die. Win our remaining 3 games, we can finish as high as 6th, with a home final (rather play port at home, so we should barrack for the aints this week).

Lose to the crows and we’ll need to win our remaining two and rely on certain results to go our way in order to make finals i.e. Port V collingwood, saints V Melb, Port V Dogs etc.

Moral of the story, let’s just farkin smash the crows this week. Cmon BOYSSSS

2 Likes

Jobe retiring is a whole new dynamic

1. he’ll be playing a lot more relaxed now the weight is off his shoulders

2. the team will be fired up as ■■■■

Let’s do this

for Jobe.

9 Likes

This. Also today’s announcement has made me want a finals series even more. I want Jobe to go out with success. Obvious call I know but seeing the absolute class and grace on show today makes you realise how special it would be!

1 Like

Pretty sure we are all feeling the same the way. At the very least we will see a fired up team on the weekend thats for sure. If we win sky is the limit for us. Kind of has the type of feeling.

1 Like

I am a believer.