So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

1 Like

So what’s the actual gap between us and WCE in terms of score? ie. if we win by 4 goals what do WCE have to win by?

Pooort wouldn’t be too bad. They’re my second choice after richmond to play against in the final.

I’ll be on a flight to Tokyo for work while the game is on. That’s gonna do my ■■■■■■■ head in.

think its currently at 30 points. So it would be 54 points if we win by 4 goals.

Maybe they could finish the job in Sydney this time.

1 Like

How good is it though:

12 months ago: If results go our way, we may finish 17th
Now: If results go our way we may finish 7th and get a final at the MCG.

I ■■■■■■■ love this club.

4 Likes

■■■■ Freo
■■■■ Port
■■■■ Richmond
■■■■ GWS
■■■■ Adelaide
Flag.

1 Like

Lid off eh??

It’s so nice of you all to join us … :sunglasses:

I’ve always been lid off.

1 Like

Don’t want to tempt fate but we can still make finals even with a loss to Freo. Definitely have destiny in our own hands though now which is nice if not a little scary

Let’s assume Adelaide and Freo lose, and kick 70 points.

Therefore, if Essington fall over the line by 1 point, WCE need to win 103-70 to tip us out.

If we win instead win by 3.12, WCE need to win 130-70.

If we treat Freo like Port or WCE and win 130-70, then WCE need to win 158-70.

In summary for that spread of scores we have a 28-32 point buffer West Coast need to overcome. Their game starts immediately after ours finishes, so they will know their target.

Unfortunately, despite their loss, Adelaide can not be knocked out of the top two so have no particular reason to care.

If we both draw or both lose, we could actually still actually make it if Hawthorn beats Footscray and Saints don’t win both of their games (North and Richmond). That’s actually plausible. Let’s not do that, though.

5 Likes

After losing to the Swans, you’d think they wouldn’t want to start their finals campaign on the back of 2 losses. Additionally, their last round loss to the Eagles last year cost them dearly. They won’t want to get a smashing regardless.

1 Like

Actually not in our hands. No matter how much we win by, West Coast can win by more.

100% in West Coast’s hands.

Yeah but they playing Adelaide who coming off being stung by Syd loss.

WC aren’t having a run away victory and if anything might get blown away

3 Likes

West Coast will prob lose by 10+ goals

3 Likes

It’s in our hands. We win and we are there

Adelaide won’t be resting anyone. You don’t want to be having 2 weeks off before finals

4 Likes

There’s precedent for this sort of thing. Freo were 3rd and lost by 12 goals to St Kilda in a last round dead rubber.

If we win by 4-5 goals and West Coast need a 10 goal victory. Watch them come with a fast start kicking the first 3 as we proceed to ■■■■ ourselves.

Be happy to play Sydney in Sydney, we all but beat them recently, really but for some once in a century set of circumstances, not to mention some really horrible umpiring at the clutch end, ans I dont think we will make the same shutdown mistakes again in a 100 years
And We rag dolled port in round 12, so no fear there either.
Should we end up playing Melbourne in Melbourne, I can only imagine the rock up and support from the Essendon supporters could turn it into a home game buzz no mater what

That happened yes.

But now we have a bye before finals, they won’t be resting anyone and Pyke has said as much.

1 Like