So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Scenario: St Kilda beat North today. Hawthorn narrowly beat Footscray via O’Meara’s 43 disposals and 3 goals. We go Full Essington and only manage to beat Freo due to a truly awful free plus fifty awarded by Fisher (Hartley, having conceded six goals, is the one to kick the winning goal, after the siren with the mark set 65 metres out). In the final game of the year, West Coast win but fail to make up the 30-point buffer due to a confused (and shortly afterwards dead) ump, so we finish eighth.

We then go on to win the premiership.

@Riolio Blitz gonna burn.

1 Like

Either way my point stands.

Destiny is NOT in our hands. It’s in West Coast’s hands, regardless of how difficult it is for them.

Destiny is in our hands. The degree in which we win will determine our fate. If we win by 100 points and Eagles need to defeat Crows by 130-140 points, nothing is in their hands. It’s an impossible feat.

2 Likes

There’s something wrong with that scenario. If we lose and West Coast win, I don’t see how we make the 8. Unless Melbourne lose twice

Is there still a bye between end of h&a and finals?

Yes!

Yep.

There’s a lot of things wrong with that scenario. I believe the clip below encompasses my thoughts on it.

But yeah, will edit the original post…

1 Like

Sportsbet odds to make the final 8:

Melb 1.14
Essendon 1.22
West Coast 3.00
Dogs 9.00
Saints 11.00

These odds were framed prior to the beginning of the Melb v Lions match.

1 Like

Lions are right in this game. All the stats evenly matched.

Dees got on top last part of 2nd quarter but didn’t put it on scoreboard.

So much riding on this for Dees and Collingwood very much could knock them off next week

ah good! i thought they scrapped it

Come on Lions. Just need a strong last 10 minutes. We know you can do it. Then we can take 7th. Actually I’m not even sure if we want 7th…

7 points in it now!

Come on brissy you bastarrds

I think Collingwood will win next week.

Provided we win and do it relatively comfortably, we’d then overtake the Dees and sit 7th on %.

Then the Eagles game could only effect the Dees and not us.

1 Like

Can’t see the Eagles beating the Crows wherever it’s played.

Same comparison for Melbourne as with West Coast, above: Melbourne effectively have a 5-7 point lead on us.

Go Pies.

Those 15 extra points we kicked against the Suns were very useful.

1 Like

Sydney could still sneak into 4th with a big win- possible.

I do not want us to be responsible for handing Richmond their first finals win in 40 years.

F*ck that!