So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Yes we can.
Dogs, Saints and Eagles all lose we make it with a loss. Having said that if we lose to Freo I hope we are kicked out and 9th take our place

1 Like

I wouldnt mind playing Sydney. Nothing to lose. Need Raz to get back though.

Trying to fathom why Adelaide would possibly want to drop from first place…

3 Likes

I think Adelaide will thrash the Eagles.

3 Likes

Yep. Also, can you imagine if there was pressure on us to beat Adelaide by 6-10 goals? The implosion would cause some weird stretching of the event horizon that would probably remove Adelaide from the comp.
As if we weren’t already unpopular!

1 Like

I think WC fans will be hoping we lose by more than they do and the Hawks get up.

1 Like

Am I the only one worried that Freo are coming off back to back 100 point thumpings? Nothing seems to get Essington going like playing team in that sort of form.

1 Like

Freo playing with no confidence. Should be a comfortable win

Finals are ours, which is fantastic. Once we’re there a competitive showing would be good. Something to build on for 2018

But first, let’s hope the team best utilise the pre finals warm up game to iron out some of those areas of weakness … like their goal kicking conversion!

Go Bombers!

Are you suggesting we petition the AFL and try and play the Crows instead?

4 Likes

Wow you clearly haven’t been paying attention these last 15 years.

1 Like

I reckon hawks beat the doggies. being as soft as butter between the ears we think jobs already done. So we make a meal of it against Freo and.come Sunday we are all anxious as hell watching west coast and Adelaide.

That would be Essendon style.

I reaaaaally wanted it to be Richmond at the G first week too assuming we hold our place; but it’s very unlikely now - all but guaranteed we’d be on the road.

I want Port Adelaide. Soft.

3 Likes

rather play port than sydney

sydney on a roll and port are on average i reckon

1 Like

The chance to put Ryder…I mean Port…out of finals?

Hell ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ yeah.

4 Likes

Week 1; Port in Adelaide. They are overrated as all hell, have barely beaten a side in the 8 and we destroyed them earlier in the year. Win.

Week 2; Richmond at the MCG, coming off a thrashing by Adelaide and desperate to avoid a straight sets exit. Typical Richmond implosion ensues. Win.

Week 3; GWS at Spotless. We fill the stadium with red and black. Deledio and Stevey J both do hammies in the first five minutes. Josh Kelly makes his future intentions known by ‘accidently’ handballing to Stewart who kicks the sealer. Win.

Week 4; Adelaide at the MCG. Adelaide jump out of the blocks and we trail by 42 points at half time. You know the rest. Win.

Hirdy presents Jobe with the Norm Smith Medal and helps Woosh and Hepp hold up the cup Bob Murphy style.

Caro and Barrett’s heads spontaneously combust, Vlad gets arrested by the AFP, Donald Trump has a heart attack on the can and Miranda Kerr decides she really likes blowing mid 30s dudes who post on Blitz too much.

54 Likes

Port are decent at home, we are garbage interstate. Anyone thinking we might get into the finals and actually beat them is delusional

1 Like

Dislike.

I’m only early 30s.

3 Likes

The Saints have a terrible record interstate and only a couple of weeks ago Port got out of jail with them at Adelaide Oval.
We are better than The Saints.
Not saying we will win but I reckon we should go over there thinking we can.

Yep, it would still be a huge effort to defeat them with the home ground advantage, and a rabid home crowd affecting some 50/50 umpiring decisions.

We would need to put a gap in them early.
Fantasia is a must.