So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Interesting stat from Talking Footy tonight- Essendon ranked third for total time spent in front during games at 63% Adelaide on top with 65%.

1 Like

Lose this saturday and Iā€™d rather not make the finals. Weā€™d yet again be an embarassment.

5 Likes

You thought the melt down on here was big after the Brisbane loss, wait til Norf turn us over. Will be the biggest melt down of all time.

10 Likes

My ladder predictor says yes, but its very flaming tight

This is my prediction for 5th to 12th, Lots of guess work but I did look at every remaining game and the percentage is obviously current percentage.
And of course we need to win those pesky games we really ought to win. Its always a guess but fun exercise to do

SWANS 52 113.4 5th
DONS 52 108.5 6th
TIGERS 52 107.4 7th
DEES 52 106.7 8th

EAGLES 52 102.1 9th
SAINTS 44 99.4 10th
DOGS 44 94.2 11th
FREO 32 80.6 12th

2 Likes

Do we deserve to make the finals based on our inconsistency?

No. No we donā€™t.

However, if we win the next 6 that would indicate we have overcome that issue, meaning we then deserve finals, right?

1 Like

Yes, but I think its very important we donā€™t get ahead of ourselves.

how many times in the last decade have we gotten arrogant then just fall off a cliff?

1 Like

No I said 6 is what we can hope for. 4 is realistic.

And Iā€™m pretty sure the teams performance is independent of my thoughts defeatist or otherwise.

I reckon the Eagles beat the crows (who will have little to play for) in the last round and finish 6th or 5th. Iā€™m hoping Sydney go on with it into the top 4 and squeeze pretenders port out so we avoid a first week to the scg. I think will travel mind you buy port or WC are the lesser of 3 evils

After a bag of 7 from the pelican Majak

Who are the teams that are consistent?

Correct.

If we are to make it, then weā€™ll need to perform consistent football.

We havenā€™t won 4 in a row since 2013

1 Like

Weā€™ll beat RADelaideā€¦

1 Like

Beat them? Farking cream them.

Agreed mate. Also donā€™t reckon West Coast arenā€™t any certainty to win more than 3 games. Iā€™ll give them Collingwood next week, Brisbane & Carlton but theyā€™d have to win one of StK (Etihad), GWS (away) & Crows (home) to be asssured.

Having said all that, we still need to uphold our end of the bargain. Weā€™ve had a history of dropping games we should win & we have about 4 of our last 6 fit this category IMO.

1 Like

LOL at Talking Footy. Darcy asks Tim a question about St Kildaā€™s ā€œshockerā€: Tim 100% ignores the question and talks about us instead. McClure refuses to move from the script and asks Carey about St Kildaā€™s upcoming run. Carey essentially says ā€œsure, whateverā€ and then goes all-in with Tim.

19 Likes

Tempus fugit

Or to be more accurate:

fugit inreparabile tempus

We should make plans for September but we must get the business done in July and August.

Seriously, I expect us to beat north, and I expect port to beat Melbourne

If this happens, we are in the 8 next weekend. From there on in, a spot in the 8 is ours to lose

3 Likes