So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

No Pendlebury, DeGoey, Greenwood, Wells, Adams, Varcoe.
That’s too many out of the midfield group.

Melbourne can’t let this one slip, as there is still a chance that WC find something against the Crows, and a 4 goal margin might be enough to get them over the Dees.

Melbourne can definitely still miss the Finals.
They have to win !

Yeah, the pies arnt rolling the dees

I’ve never been to Adelaide. Where is the ground in comparison to the city?

Best location of any of the grounds in Australia

Easier to get to then the MCG or Docklands.

Almost attached to it.

There’s only a river between the edge of the CBD and the ground. 10 minute stroll from Adelaide train station.

1 Like

closer than the G to Melb CBD.

1 Like

True but that Collingwood team did almost roll the Cats.

And they’ll have Grundy, Goldsack and possibly Fasalo returning.

I’m actually tipping the Pies to win.

1 Like

The Pies were 50pts up on Crows, which ended up a draw and almost rolled Geelong last week.

They are every chance to knock off Dees. Brisbane almost did on the weekend and Pies much stronger side who are also playing on their home ground.

2 Likes

The fact that they could get 50 points up against the sleeping crows and only manage to draw the game is not a reason to think they’ll win IMO.

FWIW, I thought maybe they were a chance but not missing half their midfield. Dees with finals on the line will be too good. I’d love it if they got rolled but don’t think it’ll happen.

The only map WOB needs for his Adelaide trip:

6 Likes

A few Port people in the know reckon the AFL has told them it will be a Thursday night final at AO and that as the ladder stands currently it’s more than likely Port v Essendon will be Thursday night

2 Likes

Cool, nice long break after we beat them.

Three day break…very unlikely.

Bye between finals remember

Thank you…I shall take my stupid hat off :blush:

3 Likes

You would think the crows will get the Thursday timeslot considering they also got a home final

1 Like

Bulldogs played in Perth on Sunday last round and then had to go back to Perth on a Thursday night for finals.
Will definitely be a final in Adelaide on Thursday just depends on how the cards fall this week as to who it is

That was my thoughts aswell initially

Thursday night footy is ridiculous considering it’s a very very good chance that there will be no footy in Melbourne. I doubt I can take 2 days off to go to the footy, 1 would be no problem

The bye enables the AFL to schedule the Thursday final which in turn means they don’t have a Sunday final which in turn means no side goes into a Semi Final the following week off a 6 day break.

It actually makes perfect sense.

And then there’s TV ratings which will likely be better on a Thursday night than a Sunday afternoon.

2 Likes