So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

So would I.

But I’d prefer to win one.

1 Like

I would agree, but we are not carrying the Mark Bolton, Steinberg, Longergan, Henneman, Bullen, (I could go on) average types on our list any more. I genuinely believe we have a talented list and have a great core group of young players.

I know the disappointment of our previous finals series, but I don’t think our club/team resemble where we were at back then. We had an ordinary list, Knighter as a coach, and when there was some upside as Hirdy came on board, we were hit with 4-5 years of pain and abnormal circumstances.

Why tf would people rather miss the finals than make it?

■■■■■ me

Yeh we’ll probably get an away final to port or syd but we all know we should be 2 - 0 in those games this year. We could jag a win

Week 2 we’d likely get rich or geel at the G. We’re capable of knocking each of them off

Am I the only positive person here who still holds belief we can win a final or two?

4 Likes

The old adage of you get what you deserve rings true. At the end of the day we lost to the two worst sides in the comp. I still believe we would perform better in the finals than Melbourne, St Kilda or the Dogs but have just don’t have the faith to believe we won’t turn in atleast 1 more absolutely shizenhausen performance

1 Like

A month from now we’ll all be saying if only we hadn’t have <1 of 100 things> we’d be playing finals. Man the chances we’ve blown this year.

7 Likes

Its the old adage that we need to take our medicine this year and miss so the players will be frothing at the bit guaranteeing us success next year… don’t you want guaranteed success???

There is nothing like the excitement of heading into the finals for fans who’s side make it. During that week you can have hope and dream big - as opposed to the 10 clubs who miss out who get to read about mad monday… wow! Then heading into the G, the buzz. It would be a free kick for us this year, we have a great group of young players who are not fearful of losing. McGrath, Parish, Merrett, Daniher, Tippa… they’re all “let me at em” type of players who will back themselves time and time again.

3 Likes

Kelly’s not coming unless we make finals.

Did he say that to you?

We’ll likely miss by a game and we gave Up a 27 point lead in the last quarter to the wooden spooner who had 3 on the bench and were missing there best player and captain. It’s a hard lesson which, based on subsequent performance against norf and Carlton, we still haven’t learnt.

Missing finals may just be the poison the playing list needs to realise intensity and effort must be unconditional every quarter, every game, no matter the opponent, no matter the score.

6 Likes

I just know, in the middle of September, I’d rather be reading the ‘Changes vs Ninthmond’ thread than someone writing some theory in the draft board about how Cam Rayner can get through to us at pick 9 based on all the other team needs

13 Likes

Do we deserve it? I am still really unsure of how to answer this

We just need t win our last 2 games and not get slaughtered against adelaide.

Our percentage is better than those around us on 40 points

2 Likes

We are 4 - 6 against sides still in the race. We were in a position to win 4 of those 6 losses. We are competitive enough with the top sides. We put enough talent on the park each week. But we have no consistency of effort at all and for that reason alone we don’t deserve it but may yet fall in.

If we do we have enough weapons to make things happen

1 Like

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that eight teams deserve to make the eight.

The exception to that being 2013, of course.

5 Likes

It was just eight teams that year too.

1 Like

We can’t fall in to finals.

We have to win games.

1 Like

Because the last three coaches have all plastered of gaping holes in the team through making finals in their first couple of years. We seem to think if we scrape in and get pumped first week then we have a team to challenge.

My contention is at this time we don’t, we need to bring through another 3-5 players, mostly midfielders to build a contending team. Guys like Langford, Laverde, Redman, Francis, Begely, Mutch, Ridley, FRDP 2017 who are quicker, better skilled in some cases and work into the Woosha game plan.

Playing finals this year and then kelly, Watson and potentially others will go around again and stifle the team development. I’d rather miss this year, have another clean out and go forward.

“Please enable Flash”.

LOL. Nope.

6 Likes

Cool your jets, Fark Carlton lover.

1 Like

Possibly means that eight teams still Deserved to play finals, just that one of those teams didn’t.