So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Can’t wait to make the finals and play an elimination final interstate!

1 Like

NatRat as a ruckman?

I definitely want to make finals. Even if just making up numbers.

But given some of our less than impressive performances, it’s a bit of an indictment in the competition we are still in with a chance of finals.

If we make the finals, it’ll mean a trip to Adelaide or Sydney. And we play so well at both venues…

I’ve already made plans for September: it involves watching finals on TV and not caring about the result, because Essendon won’t be there.

1 Like

I’m certainly comfortable making plans for late September.

Might keep the first week free, for now.

1 Like

If we win our last 2 it’s actually unlikely we’ll miss. It would require 2 of the following 4 things:

St Kilda winning their last 3

Melbourne winning their last 3 or winning 2/3 by more than our combined winning margins

Bulldogs winning 2 of their last 2

West Coast knocking off one of the top 2 teams by more than our combined winning margins.

You don’t deserve to play finals if your relying on other teams to lose for you

8 Likes

Haven’t you given up on footy and left forever?

6 Likes

Haven’t you got anything better to do than be a smartarse?

Just confirming it was a brief tanty :innocent:

1 Like

I have put down a refundable deposit for plans in September.

Don’t regret a thing I said, it was truth. But if I stop posting here il actually have to work at work during the week

5 Likes

Melbourne well on top early against the saints. Very bad news

It’s amusing goingt through the lid off threads year after year.

Start of the season: “We’ll not loose a game and win the flag!”
After Round 8: “Still finish top 4, robbed of a few wins by the umps”
Post Bye Loss to bottom 3 team: “Loss we had to have”
Last 5 rounds: “Still MATHMETICALLY possible IF team x beats team y and Team z losses 3”

Rinse and repeat.

6 Likes

Melbourne are going to win this, and belt the lions too. Even if they lose last round against the pies they will still make it. They are in

8th is us or the Bulldogs. For us to make the 8, we need the dogs to lose one of their port/hawks games and we need to win both of ours. Our % is vastly better than the dogs so as long as they drop a game, we win both we will make it on % over them

The eagles are out of it, forget them. Anyway, that’s the equation

3 Likes

Amusing? I’d say depressing.

Melbourne can still lose this.

Actually no, Melbourne more likely to lose to Brisbane

Well, … Box Hill had a bigger margin against our ressies yesterday at qtr time IIRC.

Melb pumping Saints, and they should knock over Bris next week also so they will stay in.

Dogs have two tough games coming up so their position dicey but they will be moved out of 8 by Dees anyway.

I think our only chance now is for WC to drop out, who have to play GWS away and then have Crows at home.