So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

They won’t beat port or gws imo, and their recent form isn’t great

They lose this week and their out of the 8

Or it’s quite possible we finish on 13 wins with them and ahead on %, if you want to look at it your way

yeah 6-2 =4

We could all be reasonably confident if we beaten the lions but now have no margin for Essington

2 Likes

don’t know? ask me again at the end of the season :grin:

I can see us finishing on 11 or 12 wins for the season. At the start of the year I was happy with anything above 10 wins so it has been a successful year if we get there.

That Lions games will cost us a spot in finals…

if we lose this week, we don’t deserve to make finals.

1 Like

Disagree, on paper ours is easier

well the AFL data that magically worked out the most important games for the rest of the year to determine finals for Essendon was

Essendon vs Saints Win
and Essendon vs Dogs.

Other Crucial games for top 8 competitors were
Melbourne v Port - that was when they still thought dees were a chance for top 4. will ahve to barrack for Port there
Sydney v Stkilda (altho i almost have a line thru the saints given their tough run home)
Port v Stkilda - Port top 4 / saints finals chance.
St Kilda Vs Westcoast - 8 point game :slight_smile: I think Eagles and Siants both miss.
Melbourne vs Stkilda - another 8 point game - saints destiny in their hands
Richmond vs St Kilda
Geelong vs Sydney SS (if cats win this at home we could draw level with swans.)

I think dees miss on % and Eagles sneak in because Subiaco.

We probably travel if we make it, may travel a lot of we go deep

yep. 11 wins and 1 game outside the 8 with a better percentage of 3 teams that make it on 12-13 wins.

We’re a better team than 5 of our coming opponents, and I give us a fair chance against Adelaide.

This assumes that we won’t take any wins for granted.

Hopefully, the mental scars from the Brisbane game are still fresh.

3 Likes

Considering both Worsfold and Goddard mentioned that loss in their respective media appearances across the weekend, I’d say it hasn’t been forgotten and won’t be anytime soon.

Plus Hooker in the Herald Sun this weekend

"Hooker said the Bombers’ recent revival of fortunes following late fade-outs losses to Sydney and Brisbane came off the back of some honest conversations and a plan to go back to the basics.

“We had a few hard conversations after the Brisbane game,” he said. “We used it as a learning experience to go back to what we had worked on at the start of the season."

"I have been feeling better and better as the year has gone on,” he said. “The mental state of the group is fresh, so that’s exciting.”

But he isn’t taking anything for granted, saying the Bombers can only focus on the task ahead against North Melbourne on Saturday.

“We know they have lost a lot of games by under 20 points, and we saw against Brisbane, if we are not in the game, we will lose,” he said. “So we won’t be taking them lightly.”

I want to believe. I really really do.

But we still have to play Carlton, and deep down, all of us know that the chances of our season ending via a devastating unexpected loss against them is somewhere around 99%.

19 Likes

I am ever the optimist, so I am going glass overflowing here. If Melbourne can somehow beat Port on the weekend we may end up fourth. Of course we have to winn our remaining games, but you never know…

Beat this week’s opponent. Repeat objective following week against that week’s opponent. Keep repeating until out of opponents. Then make plans.

9 Likes

Add zach merrett too.

Must win this week. Haven’t won more than 2 games in a row since 2014 so history’s against us.

Whatever is in that glass…I’ll have a barrel thanks.

1 Like