Social Dilemmas

I wasn't really sure if I should begin this thread or not...

Anyway,

If someone offered to purchase my food and/or drinks today. Is it assumed that the meal I choose has to be either equal or less in price of the meal they purchase for themselves? Or am I allowed to choose something that is more expensive?

I'm flummoxed.  What?

I usually insist on opting out of shouts, due to bourbon being my drink.

I think the polite thing to do is order the parma and a coke.

just get the lobster

Sounds like someone’s purchased you an abundance of drinks today.

Not quite, it's just an issue that's plagued me for years..

Wasn't really sure how to pose the question, so did it as complex as I could manage.

I'll just formally open this thread to discussions about other social dilemmas..

- How long do you hold open a door for someone?

I'll just formally open this thread to discussions about other social dilemmas..

- How long do you hold open a door for someone?

I don't know the answer to that one,but don't you want to smash them when they don't say thanks

Few steps or its an inconvenience.

also if someone offers they should be prepared for anything.

On the train/bus/tram etc....do you always offer your seat to an older person?

(I usually do but have been accused of not thinking that the person is able to stand)

(I usually do but have been accused of not thinking that the person is able to stand)

sometimes yes, sometimes no. depends on the situation. Is someone looks like they are standing just fine then i will keep my sit. If they look like they are struggling then i will offer it.

If Essendon has just lost and I'm in a foul mood, and some old carlton scumbag is standing.... too bad It's my seat.

As for holding the door, if they recognise you holding the door and try to speed up a bit or give you a smile I will keep holding it. If they keep their head down and don't acknowledge me, then i let it close.

Always do this on the bus and usually they accept or politely decline. If someone takes a decent gesture badly it's their problem.

What is the polite way of telling people who don't let you get off the train before they get on to not be such inconsiderate ■■■■■■?

I usually walk straight into them.

What is the polite way of telling people who don't let you get off the train before they get on to not be such inconsiderate ■■■■■■?

Instead of "Get f***ed" make it "Please get f***ed* or "Kindly get f***ed".

How many times can you get someone to repeat a statement/question if you have heard it correctly? 

Can you repeat that?

No, sorry, still not getting it.

I would Get something similar priced to them or cheaper if we haven’t eaten there before. Or what I normally order from that establishment.

a nice shoulder to the face works

Once when I was having a particularly bad day I actually gave a full hip and shoulder to a guy who tried to push his way on to a tram as I was quite obviously trying to get off. Somewhat out of character for me, but it felt good that day.