Socks Up ⏫

My sock was at full mast on ANZAC Day

8 Likes

You wear crew socks bro?

4 Likes

Will never ever understand this fashion phase.

It must do @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS head in.

1 Like

Why hasn’t @Socks_and_Sandals made a contribution to this thread, or did I miss it ?

4 Likes

Well, I’m glad the real questions are being asked, especially as this thread looks to have been started after 2am. A good deal of superfluous observational pub style shittalk is what I’m about.

Socks up is a curiosity, soccer players are more than partial with their shin guards and freezing conditions around Christmas. There was a phase where some players would even go Knees up mother brown, pulling the over the kneecap.

One trend I find weirder than socks is the wanker macho posturing by Clarkson and now Nicks not allowing their players to wear long sleeves. Seriously are short sleeves conducive to being hard?

13 Likes

If I was a coach I’d make all the lads play in the nude. Just to show the opposition how hard we are.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be playing unless the weather was over 35 degrees.

2 Likes

“BALL!!! … Oh come on, that’s stiff!”

4 Likes

Imagine someone riding shoulders for a hanger… actually best not to.

2 Likes

Finally this major issue is being discussed. It irks me seriously. There is (these days) a lot of negative comment about Joe D…well say what you like, but at least he wore proper sock and kept them pulled up.

2 Likes

I always wore socks up with garters.
Because if you cant be a good footballer, you might as well look like one.

“If you can’t be a footballer, you should at least look like one”

Nah,… just makes it give a little shake along with an inward chuckle.

Humans are suckers and followers, … that will never change.

3 Likes

Glad someone else picked up on this. Absolute load of wank coming from a ‘hard man’ that king hit a bloke from behind then spent the rest of the game hiding behing a goal umpire like a coward.

2 Likes

Sir, this is a family page.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Im not likely to post about it at 3am, but I reckon they should pull them up and I think it’s sad that long socks in footy are basically not a thing anymore.

Why stop below the knee? Keep pulling until the entire knee is covered. There are are women and children at the ground, for God’s sake.

9 Likes