Solar Panels-True Value Solar

Looking into Solar Panels. Modern quoted $12K for 8x6kw panels…

After speaking to True Value they said as we are with Sp Oznet grid, we cant go over 4.8kw (still dont get that). For 16 x 4kw panels they quoted $4,073 as we only use 8kw of power a day.

Anyone use True Value Solar or can recommend a provider that uses German inverters and solar panels (heard they are more reliable)

You're welcome.

But on a serious note, the good people of Batmania and surrounds don’t receive the same amount of sunlight on average compared to pretty much anywhere else in Australia resulting in extended periods of payback when compared to a similar system say in sunny Perth.

You may well be the sporting capital of the world but you rank somewhere near the bottom for cloudless days.

And Port Fairy gets less. My new house faces north and that makes it more awkward.

It’s a lovely place though. I have accommodation booked for the Folk Festival next year.

You're welcome.

But on a serious note, the good people of Batmania and surrounds don’t receive the same amount of sunlight on average compared to pretty much anywhere else in Australia resulting in extended periods of payback when compared to a similar system say in sunny Perth.

You may well be the sporting capital of the world but you rank somewhere near the bottom for cloudless days.

And Port Fairy gets less. My new house faces north and that makes it more awkward.
wind generator at Port Fairy would work 24/7

Yea i looked up reviews and TVS are only offering 5yrs not 10 on their inverter.

Have you had issues with them? The consultant was surprised that Modern were offering 8kw system for a grid that wont allow more than 4.8…

Do you know what the 4.8kw limit thing is about? The consultant tried telling me but it didnt make sense as they are going to give me more panels than Modern…

Hey SB. We had a 3 KW system installed by TVS for a touch over $3k.

German panels with a Chinese inverter. I did some research… the inverter compares well but may not have the same reliability as a German version. There is a 10 year warranty on the inverter so if it blows up you can have it changed over. The system will pay for itself every 3-5 years so you will have payed for your whole system twice if it stops working after 10 years. Our 3kw system can produce over 20kw a day but probably averages just over 10 I think. Still pretty good.

Yea not sure they said we would get 8 panels. Our roof aint that big lol.

I found TVS helpful. They asked our grid limit (Modern didn’t)

I honestly wouldn’t have a clue

Each panel is (typically) 250W / 0.25KW, Silly Billy.

Cheers DJR… curious to why Modern quoted us 6-8kw when Sp Ausnet only allow us a limit of 4.6…

Each panel is (typically) 250W / 0.25KW, Silly Billy.

Beat me to it, but I was going to say the majority are 200 w. But you can get 250w.

It may have changed in the last 2 or so years though, & 250w might now be common.

Not 100% sure but in order for solar panels to be at their most effect, you need sunlight.

Thanks for your input.

You’re welcome.

You're welcome.

Port Fairy sounds nice.