Something doesn’t add up

Then your definition of faith isn’t my definition of faith.
I.e. what I talk about when I mean faith are exactly those things.

Another example of faith is that your spouse loves you. You cannot scientifically test it - but you have evidence for it. And hence the reason it’s called ‘faithfulness’.

I’m not going to compare ‘love’ to the probability of a plane crashing.

The only ‘proof’ that technically exists (that I’m aware of) is a mathematical or logical proof.
Certainly science doesn’t claim to offer proof. I.e. it doesn’t “prove” climate change is real - every theory can be falsified (or we can’t do science). There’s just a mountain of evidence for it. And thus we have a high amount of confidence it is true.

Lol, well I’ve had love shot down in flames :frowning:

Anyway, I’ve going to leave you to it - my wife is undergoing radiation therapy at the moment (stage 2 Carcinoma) so I’ve got to pick her up.

But before I leave I just want to say I still have faith we’ll get Shiel :slight_smile:

Have a great night.

1 Like

Science proves a great many things.
It proves that when you push something resting on a table it will fall to the ground.
There are equations that will show you the rate at which it will fall and so on and so forth.

And yes, a ‘theory’ ‘can’ be proven false. And then you’ll have a new theory based on observations of the new information.

But that new theory will still not be ‘God did it, I guess. I mean, we can’t really know anything. May as well give up. No more trying to improve things. No more trying to cure or prevent disease, because shrugs we can’t actually know it works.’

You’re being very silly.

Edit: Wow, so that was tactless. I didn’t see your last post. i apologise.

I’ll just leave you with an article - as scientific proof is a common misconception.

No worries - I’ve been called worse. Have a great evening, and go Don’s!

And I sincerely hope your Missus comes through it with flying colours.

3 Likes

lol, I’ll take that in the humour in which it was intended.

Funnily enough, my fav saying, taken from the Simspsons; “You’re a know nothing know it all…”

I have :-1: idea about this thread

Mother of God! Wtf have I stumbled on to?

Beats me

60 posts that have nothing to do with the thread.

The point is that there is no scientific evidence to prove the existence of God.

That’s 100% correct, in fact, there is none at all. Gods (and there thousands of them over time) are figments of human imagination.

Actually the point was that the onus is on people who make a claim that things are a certain way, or that a certain thing exists, to provide evidence for it.
You can apply that to God, if you like, but it’s an example, not the argument.

And I have no idea what this thread was about.

1 Like

The point is Tippa is god.
Sisco Sodoro did not have faith.
Then he got blind on the way to Damo’s house, and yea, he saw the light.
Thus he drafted Tippa, and donned a jacket, and became Disco Dodoro, and spread the word of our lord, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that have made him Pisco?

It was hard for him to be kicking against the (pricks).

Even Aether was eventually Nyxed…

Ahhh… I see what I did there.

As the angry little NUn who used to beat the crap out of me at primary school said; it is all about faith, you do not need any proof. Whack !

I have faith the the Bombers will win the flag in 2019; not one scrap of evidence or any proof to back it up, just faith, and never blind.

2 Likes

That’s God, the weather, natural selection, mysteries of the universe and some other threads debate summed up in a nutshell.
Well done☝