Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

If Worsfold and the same coaching panel are still here at the beginning of next season, we have wasted the list. Strong decisions must be made in the second half of this year.

I think we are going to get done by Fremantle & Richmond, and I can make a case for us losing to Carlton. If we go into the bye at 3-8 or 4-7, he needs to be sacked.

Spend the rest of the season talking to the likes of Caracella, Solomon, Goddard and Roughead to come and join our new coaching panel for next season. And just play as many of the kids as you can, to see who we should persevere with.

4 Likes

Totally agree with that article - they’re a bunch of nice guys just happy to be out there. Winning is just a bonus, not a requirement.

3 Likes

You were annoyed to read corporate speak in the financial report?

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

If we continue to f up the season the saving grace will be (hopefully) we can get rid of Woosha and start again.

Give me a fkg break.

Peter “Let Me Destroy Your Club” Jackson…?

FFS

6 Likes

Exactly… ■■■■■■■ Jackson was the worst… Conspiring against the coach behind the scenes… ■■■■■■ up the salary cap. He was a disaster.

2 Likes

Jackson had some poor qualities but when he first came into the role he was ruthless and worked to ensure we were setup to win. Unfortunately as time evolved his focus became far too off-field centric.

Or get a proper panel together to work out what the club needs in a coach and who they see as likely to fill that particular set of criteria. Rather than just picking someone. It might just be someone else might be better for the club.

2 Likes

I am annoyed to read business as usual being touted as achievements.

2 Likes

[quote=“Saucy, post:521, topic:15877, full:true”] Caracella, Solomon, Goddard and Roughead
[/quote]

Nice guy, good bloke, potential, nice guy

Don’t want any more nice guys.

I want ■■■■■

I want to fill this club up with ruthless ■■■■■ from clubs that have experienced success

Sam Mitchell would be first on my teledex, I don’t give a ■■■■ what he did during the saga

They need to have experienced the culture at Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney.

4 Likes

Hey don’t call us odd!

2 Likes

What a silly question… of course we like to be liked, I agree with Lloydy and most of all the AFL to like us again. It ain’t 'gonna happen in our life time.

1 Like

Plagiarised from Blitz. Just dropped the 4 letter words :flushed:

3 Likes

Its always been a workrate & midfield issue. We still have a midfield that regularly gets outclassed & outspread. How often do we see opposition mids cruising towards 50 with time to put a pass on their forwards tit - now how often do we see our mids with the same time & space let alone the finishing skills to then hit a lead. The trade off is that we so often see all our forwards dragged out of the 50 up the ground to try to win back possession & when we do get it back its only the smaller guys with leg speed that are able to get back to provide an option. Again the flipside is that a lot of teams simply play a lose defender against us to rebound those “fastbreak” scenarios. This is when you get Alwyn/Green/Tippa in a marking contest they have next to zero chance of winning.

2 Likes

We have a few Jon Snows & a few too many Samwell Tarly’s but we desperately need

4 Likes

His standard response is no response.

What Clarkson did to Roughy would never happen at EFC…tough love. It did once, when this club was relevant. Sheedy sent Madden and T Daniher to the Reserves. A year later, the Baby Bombers won the flag

3 Likes

Roco

You’re reading a financial report, and you’re angry to read reporting on the finances?

Whatever floats your boat.