Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

Deckham has 2 sets of rule books.

Most narcissists do.

2 Likes

And So … we get to where we need to be.

What I was hearing was words like mongrel … etc

Federer May be ruthless on court, but he doesn’t stop being a gentlemen even during the game.

It is possible to have a relentless pursuit for excellence without that needing to manifest itself in some Neanderthal attitude on the field.
You can outsmart, outcraft, and outplay your opponents and smile all the while, if you choose.

Someone told me that at work you should look angry all the time.
People will think you are busy and assume you are working hard.

Myers had a crack at a long bomb and it pull it off.
If I’d been there, I probably would have had a laugh with him too.
Mate, it would have been nice to pull that off but hell, most miss shots from closer in due to the pressure.

Rewind the tapes and look at the guys faces when they walked off the field against GWS. I don’t believe there many smiles being shared around that day.

Life is situational and I think some of us need to pull our heads in and stop being so critical.

2 Likes

Tense

Brent Stanton says :wave:t2:
Jason Johnson says :wave:t2:
Ben Howlett says :wave:t2:
Heater Hocking says :wave:t2:

1 Like

Blitz coaching:

1. Omit older experienced players
  2. Play a heap of 19 year olds
  3. Flag
3 Likes

Is this person a Blitzer’s or do they read BBlitz?

I swear I’ve read so many posts on here saying the same thing/s.

2 Likes

I woke up this morning depressed about everything ess, and I shouldn’t be cause it’s my daughters birthday.

Either the club or me need help.

At the end of the day - it’s a game, man.
Your daughter is a trillion times more important.
They grow up too fast - enjoy it.

16 Likes

You need help

1 Like

If an under performing footy team is your biggest worry then life is ■■■■■■ good.

The meek (i.e. easily imposed on; submissive) have taken over our club.

twitter

5 Likes

F*ck football, go have fun with your daughter.

8 Likes

Mindset adjusted.

Thanks for the slap.

8 Likes

Agree 100%.

Your kid’s childhood goes fast. It’s like I went to bed last Sunday night after my oldest’s U9’s junior footy game and I woke up today and he’s playing U17’s tomorrow. I’ve watched the vast majority of his games too.

As my boys started playing junior sports on a Friday night and weekend it got to a point where I ended up downgrading my membership after about 40 years because I physically could not get to games.

For decades I went to watch the Bombers religiously and never thought I’d stop going. Sadly, my mood in any particular week during the season was a direct correlation to the result of the weekend’s AFL game.

Both boys chose to play junior footy (thankfully). As a result of that I’ve developed an interest in my local footy club and watch the seniors most weeks now with a group of mates. We all tip in through higher levels of membership and enjoy the community feel of local footy.

Of course I still follow the Bombers and take a keen interest in how they are going, but I really enjoy other levels of footy as well. I probably prefer it if I’m honest.

8 Likes

Yeah, about that. Can you do us a favour?

2 Likes

You missed a step.

Have a plan B which amounts to nothing more than swapping FB And FF.

1 Like

That’s Clarko level genius.

Another week, and so many more failures at so many levels of this Club.

It was just so great to have Gil fark us over for 6+ years with the Saga, then parachute in Worsha and the Perfect Man to ensure continued dismal performances.

We really need some intervention to get the Club where it should be before we lose another generation of supporters.

7 Likes

nah all is good. we are a top 4 club just unlucky. continually unlucky.

now donate to the flight plan!

17 Likes

The fans will drop off, they will. There will still be alot of those who will keep going but they aren’t the issue. It’s the ones who pushed our membership from 50,000 to over 70,000 they are the ones who will drop off quickly. What will be the boards excuse for that?

1 Like