Songs you haven't heard in years

Perhaps a better schoolyard tune…

3 Likes

Well, she’s doing an acceptable cover of this …

But how you arrive at this song being about auto pleasuring I have no idea…

Unless just the sight of Ms Dunst sends the mind in that direction??

Understandable though …

:cry:

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Not likely to send the same size shockwaves as Chester Bennington, but God also plucked Simon Holmes of The Hummingbirds in the last few days for his great gig in the sky. Similarly devastating and unexpected circumstances (if you get my drift) to Bennington too. Very,very sad.
RIP…

1 Like
3 Likes

Turning Japanese

Title of 1980 hit record by The Vapors, with a rhythm said to be suitable for masturbation. Title is a reference to the contorted face typical of a guy about to blow his load after a good tommy. The lyrics apparently tell the story of a guy in jail wanking over a picture of his girl.

Well, I’ve never heard that before, but that was from Urban Dictionary, so that’s probably why. Never ceases to amaze what young blokes can, & will imagine has a mastubatory meaning.

Seems the songwriter had no problem with the fapping context though …

“Turning Japanese” was believed to euphemistically refer to masturbation,[4] although Fenton (the song’s author) denied that claim in an interview on VH1. He did, however, say he wished to thank whoever first came up with that interpretation, as he felt that the salacious rumour about what the song “really” meant may have been what made it a hit.

1 Like
2 Likes

Never a huge INXS fan, but I loved this album. Still have the cassette.

This one not so subtle (NSFW):

Far out, hadn’t heard that. Can’t possibly “like” that post, but love that song.

1 Like

Probably stands up better than a bunch of INXS stuff as well. (Or perhaps the INXS stuff had been so overplayed over the years…)

Either way, it’s quality.

1 Like

This one wasn’t either …

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like