Songs you haven't heard in years

Another

1 Like

Cosmo’s Factory was one the first albums I bought funnily enough, given there was so much vinyl to choose from in the 70s.

Just a great timeless tune this one.

6 Likes

Must play loud.

It’s not a bad song in a way but it’s interesting that you describe it as a “timeless tune”. The tune consists of one note for the whole of each of the two stanzas except the last two syllables.

I love CCR. My older brother had this on high rotation back in the day. Happy memories .

It does make me laugh that you ‘think’ you know a song so well, and somehow manage to sing along confidently over the years every time you hear it yet still be totally ignorant of the correct lyrics. :joy:

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Left leg first.

1 Like

Outside of ‘Small Blue Thing’ easily the best Suzanne Vega tune. Excellent video directed by Jonathon Demme of Silence of the Lambs fame. Lots of arty single takes and lighting with the backing band absolutely hamming it up. The guitarist is hysterical.

2 Likes

Not sure i ever heard a LIVE performance on Countdown, till now.

Love the song but too much bass when the drums kick in at 0.52.
Kills the delicacy of the song IMO.

2 Likes
1 Like

Phil. Always looked like an accountant just popped into the karaoke bar for a little bit of a singalong and a few Friday bevies before heading home for a fish dinner with the missus.

2 Likes
4 Likes

This song should have been an absolute hit at the time. Did pretty well in parts of Europe but not really elsewhere. She is/was a great talent.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Been down a 60’s rabbithole for BDJ, huh? :slight_smile:

1 Like