Songs you haven't heard in years

Nup. They were called The Weathermen. Played Roosters Thursday and Saturday nights for about 2 years early eighties. Probably (stretching the memory now, those days tend to be a bit bong hazy) 83 - 84. 60’s and 70’s covers. Good band, great singer, great song list.

Those days were spent watching Rock Steady at Demarco’s, and Paul McKay Sound at the Moonee Ponds Tavern. Port Melbourne was a bridge too far for an Oak Park boy back then!

1 Like

That little band paid my bills for about 3 years, but we never got out your way. Lots of trendy pubs like Roosters, Loaded Dog, Geebung Polo Club etc.

That little band paid my bills for about 3 years, but we never got out your way. Lots of trendy pubs like Roosters, Loaded Dog, Geebung Polo Club etc.

Close enough- was a regular there from about 86/7 onwards. The Loaded dog, American hotdogs next door, and then stagger to the Spyhole was a Wednesday nite ritual.

Fark me, I’d forgotten about American hotdogs! Them and Doberman Dogs in Richmond were great.

And Loaded Dog had so many farking tiles; really tough place to get the the PA perfect. Earned your money setting up there.

2 Likes

I can’t stand the song above. No offence Stan. Each to their own but I hate that song.

1 Like

the essendon theme song after playing Adelaide, West Coast, Sydney etc etc

Far out, I miss this read for a few days and miss the G force theme. Incredible.

1 Like

Haha! None taken. Expect the next will draw out similar feelings in a few…

1 Like
2 Likes

SNAP!!

3 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

“Double SNAP!” … (if there is such a thing …?)

1 Like
1 Like

Did you ever work at the Eureka in Geelong?

Nope. Don’t think so.