Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Is this what the bulltish about the rules changing, has been covering?

5 Likes

I’m devastated. The veil of secrecy remains intact.

4 Likes

hahahahhaha. hope none of you guys bankrolled this guy?

3 Likes

What the actual fark?

1 Like

So, yet more people have been sworn to silence, presumably for some significant material gain?

Or, AFL to publicly concede some errors, moderated to its satisfaction.

2 Likes

Was so looking forward to seeing that scum squirm on the stand. Very disappointed.

6 Likes

Could the settlement include AFL promising to certain actions? e.g. apologies, etc?

Or it is only $$$?

2 Likes

More free kicks in our F50? Never again Pannell?

6 Likes

If someone can work out a way to coat frypans with the stuff these guys are made of they’ll make a fortune. #TAFLON

15 Likes

Can’t say I’m surprised at this.

The afl own the game and get away with pretty much anything they want.

2 Likes

It’s pretty funny. Wonder what the settlement was in the end?

Taylor did not drop the case - the AFL settled it, meaning there is a lot to hide. The stench around the AFL will continue.

13 Likes

we knew there was a stench before the case. waste of time and money.

2 Likes

Here is what JT wanted from them.

So perhaps they will do it rather than it going to court, and then have all the AFL accredited media discuss rule change related topics as deflection.

Or they’ve just gotten away with it due to $$

I can’t imagine Burnside is just letting them off the hook however. Although he was only assisting JT.

3 Likes

Fair go Bigs, it takes two to settle and terms do not need to be confidential either. I would guess JT may have been feeling vulnerable based on his prior settlement terms- this looks like a big climbdown.

1 Like

They just ‘settled’ it then. Well that’s settled. Unless someone has a legal understanding of how that apparently simple process was undertaken I call malarkey.

I can’t remember, what were the damages that Taylor was seeking?

I thought they were fairly trivial. By that I mean this whole thing was a stalking horse to get the AFL and its cronies on the stand and documents released etc - the actual damages/restitution was inconsequential.

Looks like the AFL have called the bluff and said “OK…here’s the damages you asked for. Now shut up and fark off”

Edit: Just saw Speedy’s post. Expect a 5cm by 2 column notice buried on page 28 of the Moonee Valley Leader on 24th December.

2 Likes

At this stage, the terms of the settlement have not been disclosed. We don’t know whether the terms are confidential . Let’s see. I doubt Warner will give up on this.

3 Likes

Pfft. Soft JT.

3 Likes

The AFL obviously didnt want any of their antics exposed.

Gill and Big Mike obviously didn’t want to take the stand.

So much to hide and will remain hidden, until the next time.

5 Likes