Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Yes the stench will continue, but so too will their dictatorship. It seems nothing can touch them. Absolutely gutted that they have not been held to account for their actions.

7 Likes

It takes 2 to settle.

2 Likes

I’m confused. If the aim of the case was to expose the AFL’s deception why would you accept a confidential settlement?

1 Like

FFS

3 Likes

unless you turned a profit.

A lawyer is a misleading sleaze. Oh boy.

Or maybe hold fire until details come out.

9 Likes

Burnside’s involved, would not think he’s in it for a payday. More like the AFL brought in the big guns and said we’ll tie you up till you can’t afford to rent a flat in Tarneit.

6 Likes

I might be the most gullible ewok in history but I’ll be clicking on the AFL site every 5 seconds looking for the announcement apologising to Hirdy, the players, Bomber & Corca for interfering with the investigation, acknowledging there was insufficient evidence to find the E34 guilty, hence CAS, WADA are corrupt farkers, and Jobe here is your brownlow - we all know it was always yours and won fairly.

6 Likes

I want that ■■■■ Fitzpatrick to get his comeuppance. Nothing will make me happier.

8 Likes

Worth considering if the Club have been involved with the settlement - not really doing them any favours being on the front page 5 years on.

If Corcoran signed a stat dec about what Fitzpatrick said; if it’s on the ASADA record ( and IIRC in ASADA affidavits to Federal Court) as to taking the bits out; what would Gill and Fitz say if a journalist were to ask them as to the truth?

1 Like

The threat was he can.

2 Likes

Mick Warner is on Macquarie radio talking about it soon.

Sportsradio.com.au

3 Likes

Court action is very expensive as we all know. Perhaps the AFL just made it financially impossible like last time.
In these situations the settlement money received is often returned to those people who assisted people like Jackson financially to get as far as he did.

3 Likes

wasnt that the whole point of that initial trial thing to get some security as to costs?

Maybe they didn’t find anything in disclosure?

https://twitter.com/Jack_Latour/status/1022375914695348224

https://twitter.com/Jack_Latour/status/1022376166479392769

Da fuq.

EDIT: per later tweets, money ran out. So not a voluntary settlement.

3 Likes