Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Same can be said of us.

1 Like

The stuff today re Bomber is tough because he’s an Essendon legend and I love the guy. He’s not making excuses when he connects his actions with the way he was treated during the saga. This IS the kind of collateral damage that happens from workplace bullying, and when people in power trash others as they try to protect and advance their own positions.
Two of our all time greats treated like trash. Fark you AFL and the rest of the corrupt wankers that went along with the angry and ignorant mob lynching.

25 Likes

Anyone got the hun article on Bomber?

I got terribly emotional reading that.

2 Likes

I’m sad I’m a drug taker’: Bomber Thompson reveals ice habit

By Erin Pearson

June 26, 2019 — Fallen AFL great Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson has admitted he was an ice user and spent 12 hours a day trading cryptocurrency after leaving the game in the wake of Essendon’s drugs scandal that left him in a “bad way”.

The premiership coach is in Melbourne Magistrates Court fighting three drug trafficking charges and four of possession after drugs were allegedly found in his Port Melbourne home during police raids in January 2018.

The 55-year-old told the court on Wednesday that as he struggled with leaving the football world he locked himself in his Port Melbourne home, trading in cryptocurrency 12 hours a day, and using drugs when a man came knocking on his door.

Former AFL coach Mark "Bomber" Thompson at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday.
](javascript:void(0):wink:

Former AFL coach Mark “Bomber” Thompson at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday.CREDIT:JASON SOUTH

He invited the man in, now known as Geelong man Thomas Windsor, and they formed a friendship. Within weeks they were living together in the converted warehouse.

Advertisement

While he admitted taking drugs, he insisted he has not sold them, adding that he was also tempted to try LSD but “didn’t have the guts”.

“Ice, that’s it really,” he said.

Mr Thompson told the court that he still struggles dealing with the Essendon supplements scandal which left him in a “bad way”.

“I took a lot of kids on from their parents and I looked them in the eye and said, ‘Don’t worry your son’s going to be OK’. That went out the door and I really couldn’t live with that,” he said.

"The fact I’m responsible for these boys found guilty for cheating for something I really love.

"I hate the game, I left the game after working at Essendon for two years.

“Here I am in 2017 at home. I found cryptocurrency, your Honor. It’s something I’d been looking for in my life.”

[
Bomber Thompson's converted warehouse in Port Melbourne that was raided by police in January 2018.

Bomber Thompson’s converted warehouse in Port Melbourne that was raided by police in January 2018.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS

Mr Thompson revealed that smoking ice became a “habit” for him and that his use of it increased towards the end of 2017, until his house was raided on January 5 the following year.

He admitted that scales found by police in his house belonged to him.

“I used to weigh stuff up. What you paid for is what you got,” he said.

He then shook his head and said: “I can’t believe I’m saying this.”

"I never had any intention to sell any drugs. I know right from wrong, being a trafficker is just embarrassing for me.

“I’m a drug taker, I’m sad I’m a drug taker. I took them back then to mask all the pain.”

I can’t believe I’m saying this … I’m a drug taker, I’m sad I’m a drug taker.

Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson

Mr Thompson also admitted he had considered taking LSD.

“I always wanted to take it but I didn’t have the guts,” he said.

Police allege they found a myriad of illicit substances and drug paraphernalia in various areas of Mr Thompson’s apartment.

Substances allegedly found in Mr Thompson’s bedroom area included 134.6 grams of MDMA, 5½ Xanax tablets and methamphetamine, as well as two sets of digital scales, eight hard drives, four ice pipes and a shoe box filled with clear resealable bags.

In a magnetic box in a shared mezzanine area were eight clear bags containing 33.1 grams of crystal meth, 5.6 grams of Ephedrine, one LSD tab and three white capsules.

The court previously heard that a further 839.7 grams of what was believed to be MDMA was contaminated by the clandestine drug unit so DNA could not be found.

[
Bomber Thompson arriving at his Port Melbourne home a day after being released on bail in 2018.

Bomber Thompson arriving at his Port Melbourne home a day after being released on bail in 2018.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS

The premiership coach has been on bail since his arrest while facing eight charges including trafficking ecstasy and ice and breaching bail.

Mr Thompson played more than 200 games of AFL football before coaching Geelong to two premierships. He later worked in the coaching team at Essendon football club.

The ongoing hearing is expected to hear from a DNA expert later on Wednesday.

I find this a distressing read.

1 Like

probably the same one that’s on news.scum

That is a very sad line. He isn’t responsible, Dean Robinson is responsible. Bomber’s thinking will continue his undoing. Very sad.

16 Likes

Very sad. Love the man. Hope he can find a way forward.

11 Likes

That just breaks my heart.

Yep. I trust Bomber will learn to forgive himself. He appears to be burdened by & overwhelmed with saga guilt. It has consumed him. He has sought solace in drugs, but as many of us know, drugs are never the answer. I hope he finds peace soon & can enjoy the next chapter in his life. Still quite young.

#stuffthecrypto
#joindjkingbomber

11 Likes

Like everyone, I am filled with a great sense of sadness of what’s befallen Bomber.

It’s literally near life destroying.

Just like how what happened to Hird was near life destroying.

Both good men, both modern legends of the game.

Yet the AFL - specifically Fitzpatrick, Demetriou & McLachlan - had no qualms in attempting to destroy them through the saga.

That is nothing short of pure evil in my mind.

Just what was that AFL trio trying to cover up that it would have no qualms in destroying both Thompson & Hird along with Doc Reid & Corcoran?

Would love Hedley Thomas to do an investigation into this like he has done so expertly in the Chris Dawson case.

There is a big truth that is waiting to be uncovered.

22 Likes

An excellent investigative journalist. Have you tried emailing him with your idea? I like it.

Are you guys believing this??? Bomber is a grown man and needs to take responsibility for his actions, next they’ll be saying Izzy Falou’s statement on gay people is because of the EFC saga

1 Like

Just so sad.

We could have easily lost both Hird and Thompson over all of this - consider that for a moment.

■■■■ the AFL and media scum who drove them both to the brink. Never forget.

12 Likes

Boris-Bomber. No one is saying Bomber should not take responsibility, the same as no-one can deny what the AFL, the Essendon Board and ASADA did between 2013 to 2016 could not have had a profound impact on him. The reference to Israel Folau is irrelevant to the discussion.

11 Likes

Hedley Thomas was fact-free with his opinions in running an AFL line in the early days of the saga. Try his article of 5Febuary 2013 in the OZ. Perhaps his investigative skills have improved since then.

3 Likes

I just did.

1 Like

Vlad never injected anyone.

He did much worse.

7 Likes

I might have missed something here but Prof Handelsman who was the expert witness for ASADA is being accused of not being as independent as an ‘expert independent witness’ should be. This is in relation to the Caster Semenya case.

8 Likes