Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Yes an organised rewritting oh history by all the arseholes with the whip handle so ASADA, both political parties, WADA, the AFL and of course the bum ■■■■■■■ media can all sleep tight at night knowing that they will never be held to account for their many Kant acts, lies and exaggerations.

Who ever said that justice in the end will be served is deluded, they are all getting off scot free.

4 Likes

Bomber5au
Can you post the HS article and the link please?

Yep.
Had it up to here with all this, “oh, you don’t wanna know” bullshit.

Yes, we ■■■■■■■ do!
IF you can put up, then put up.
But given the zero friggin’ evidence they had on what they pinged us for, I doubt they’ve got ■■■■.

Nudge nudge, wink wink, ■■■■ off.
This isn’t a friggin’ teenage girls clique.

3 Likes

You know what, unless someone like Sarah is shaken loose, this thread may as well be shut down. The players took the cash to sit tight and shut up, and unless new data is “injected” in to the narative noone in the rest of the nonblitz universe gives a flying fark what blitz thinks of the new ARSEADA bosses utterings

Why is injected in quotation marks?

Sorry, I don’t know how to put up the editorial in the Herald Sun today or I would have.

I am almost computer illiterate.

Just for fun r e member the AD comment I didn’t “inject” anyone.?

19th Man, I read the article in my neighbours HS after being tipped off by a friend. Do you know anyone who is a subscriber? If you can’t access it I can borrow the neighbours copy tomorrow and try and scan it or something. Let me know.

Bomber 5au thanks. Where is it on the website? I can probably download it if I can find it.

If you google sharpe asada, you should be able to read it online

How about here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/new-asada-boss-david-sharpe-vows-to-do-all-he-can-to-keep-the-commonwealth-games-drug-free/news-story/8ccfe7fb0310306093006cb1f32950de

This article is from the October 7 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit http://www.heraldsun.com.au/.
ASADA’S NEW BOSS WANTS TO STOP CROOKS IN SPORT

KEITH MOOR

AUSTRALIA’s new sports anti-doping boss has first-hand experience of unscrupulous people enticing young athletes to use banned drugs to cheat.

“It was back in 1986 when I first played rugby league for the Canberra Raiders juniors as an 18-year-old ,” David Sharpe said.

“Steroids were around in the 1980s — the peptides of today were a thing developed later — it was all steroids back then.

“I don’t mean everyone was using them, but the pressure to use steroids for improved size and performance was real.

“I’ll admit I was approached. I was small to play rugby league at that level and I was approached around my size.

“I said no to the drugs and I was very proud of the fact that I was small and still succeeded in playing at a reasonable level for so many years without them.”

Mr Sharpe played first grade for many years in the Canberra Raiders Cup and later spent two years as the NRL Raiders manager.

He recently took over as chief executive of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority after 30 years with the Australian Federal Police.

During his AFP career he held many senior roles, including heading up the force’s counter-terrorism unit, being in charge of the serious and organised crime team and up until last month was the assistant commissioner responsible for protecting the security of Australia’s airports, Parliament House, the prime minister and visiting heads of state.

Mr Sharpe told the Herald Sun his AFP experience investigating crime will be put to good use in his new ASADA role as he works with law enforcement to disrupt the performance-enhancing drug trade in sport.

In his first interview since taking up the ASADA job on September 25, Mr Sharpe also revealed:

ORGANISED crime gangs could exploit athletes by providing inducements, such as drugs and prostitutes, in the hope of corrupting them so they can later use them to make money by gambling on matches the compromised athletes help them fix.

ASADA’S “dob in a drug cheat” hotline will be greatly enhanced and expanded to encourage more athletes to anonymously report people who are doping themselves up with performance-enhancing drugs and identify the dodgy coaches and others who are giving or selling banned substances to athletes.

AN unprecedented anti-doping blitz by ASADA on athletes heading to the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast will see several hundred of them tested and their samples stored for 10 years — so even if they pass they might be busted in years to come as the blood and urine samples will be retested as better technology becomes available.

ONE of the scariest things about the Essendon drugs scandal is the offending players were injected with substances that haven’t been approved for human use, so the shortand long-term health effects are still a mystery.

ASADA investigators now have more than 70 probes on the go into allegations ranging from unscrupulous doctors and anti-ageing clinics providing athletes with banned substances to rogue athletes sourcing their own substances from offshore websites.

Mr Sharpe yesterday said the amount of difficult-to-detect synthetic performanceenhancing drugs being produced meant ASADA could no longer rely on just blood and urine tests to detect cheats.

This is why the agency is increasingly relying on gaining evidence and intelligence about users, manufacturers and suppliers of banned drugs through investigative techniques.

“ASADA is one of the few doping agencies that, following a positive test, conducts an investigation ,” Mr Sharpe said.

“The reason being, we want to understand where the banned substances come from, how it was distributed and what its effects are.

“We are not here just to punish athletes. We are here to help clean up the sport more broadly and protect athletes from the threats around them.”

Mr Sharpe said ASADA will establish much closer links with law enforcement and other agencies so as to ensure greatly enhanced intelligence sharing.

Mr Sharpe’s years of experience probing organised crime will also be a valuable asset in his new ASADA role.

“Obviously sport, when you look at the integrity of sport now and the money that’s involved through match-fixing , the illicit betting markets, it is a big area that can be targeted by organised crime,” he said.

“Wherever there is a commodity that you can make money out of, organised crime will infiltrate it.

“Sport is no different — there is money to be made on sport, such as the betting markets — it will be infiltrated.

“My goal is for ASADA, in partnership with law enforcement across the country, to better co-ordinate intelligence sharing, to better utilise intelligence from not just law enforcement agencies but also the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Border Force and other agencies with access to intelligence relevant to keeping sport clean.

“What I bring to the table is an ability to bring those people to ASADA’s table to find a common goal as to why we should all work together and how we can better exchange intelligence.

“I want to work much more closely with sporting bodies and much more closely with athletes to help understand what leads athletes to cheat, where they are getting the drugs from and what we can do to stop that.”

[email protected]

Copyright © 2017 The Herald Sun

1 Like

Fkn hell this guy means business. Black shirt, shiny tie/ suit combo. Compare with the last clown and his orange/ GWS Giants get-up. The haircut itself says “look out, Sharpe’s in town”. FMD.

Thanks everyone for posting the link and the article. He does seem to be going beyond ASADA’s remit. Match fixing is not covered by ASADA’s Act. Perhaps Hunt is going to try to amend the Act.
To me Sharpe sounds very dangerous for athletes. He has delusions of grandeur. The so called independent body he talks of would have to be accountable to someone; otherwise it would become a star chamber. Australia already has an independent judicial system. Why not for example create an arm of the AAT for sport? But of course the IOC/WADA/CAS would not like their system of justice subject to Australian law.

I am afraid Hunt and Sharpe are going to do Australian athletes over.

8 Likes

Dont forget Coates, Fahey, and Howman.

The NSW Rugby clique.

I understand Fahey + Coates know Beloff very well?

4 Likes

That’s what I was wondering. What is ASADA’s role? If it is educating athletes and promoting clean sport through testing and investigation then they have the wrong people at the top.
If it is to investigate the role of organised crime in infiltrating sports and facilitating match fixing, bribery etc they have the wrong act.
They need to work out their core function.

4 Likes

The ASADA Act is quite clear. ASADA’s role is as you describe in your third sentence. The trouble is under the Coalition no minister with the partial exception of Dutton has done their job and kept ASDAD to its Act. It seems likely Hunt will allow Sharpe to go off on frolics outside the Act and worse will establish an ‘independent’; tribunal that will not be accountable to the Australian Parliament, the Australian Government or the Australian Courts.

4 Likes

There is a longer version of Moore’s Hun article dated 6 October in which Bock gets a mention, to the effect that ASADA is still waiting on Dank to come forward with the evidence. ASADA did not need Dank’s evidence to proceed against the Essendon players. There are no findings that Dank trafficked or used TB4 by the NRL and AFL tribunals or by CAS. Despite earlier statements, WADA has not reactivated its CAS case against Dank.
An earlier interview with Sharpe before he took up his position - in the Canberra Times of 28 August- also ran the line of doping prevention by concentrating on the facilitators of doping. He is blurring the distinction between illicit drugs and WADA banned substances. Except for trafficking and supply to athletes by those employed in the respective sports, how is he supposed to stamp out sellers of substances which can be legally supplied and consumed in Australia?
If Sharpe and Hunt are in Empire building mode Dutton might not be too impressed with incursions on his turf.
The Mary Gearin ABC report seemed to indicate that Sharpe wants to get the AFL out of the investigations and prosecution, and that a national tribunal ( which could cover doping and match fixing) would be a solution. But he would have to re -negotiate the ASADA/ AFL memorandum.

7 Likes

I am of the opinion that all these people want any drugs in sport to be a criminal offence.
We have to resist that at all costs. It will drive people away from organised sport, particularly older people that they are trying to encourage, when it becomes too hard for them with their existing medication.
Also a lot of kids take up sport because of existing health issues such as asthma. Making it harder for them isn’t going to help.
Asada wada et al are on a mission, not surprisingly. Most cops think most people are likely breaking the law.

Bit like lying. I get really annoyed when the so called “experts” say everybody lies.
I don’t.

1 Like

I think you are right.

1 Like