Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Or Geelong

1 Like

as would a lot of people who didn’t read the article either & thinking ‘oh yeah Essendon druggies at it again’

2 Likes

I did see that editorial about Justin. The man played with three or four clubs, so why did the Sun choose the photo with the red and black jumper? Clicks of course!

3 Likes

The Justice System (that name just cracks me up) is so poor now, if you know the right people and have enough moola, you can just about get away with murder these days.

4 Likes

Blitz first:

Bruce Francis calls the Australia Standing Committee on Community Affairs Committee out.

Below is Bruce Francis follow up email sent to Senate Standing Committee on Community Affairs Committee (SEN) <[email protected]

He also sent copies to SkyNews, The Australian, Herald Sun, Crikey, DailyTelegraph, Daniel Andrews, ABC and the following Senators: [email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],

Dear Senator

Thank you for your response to my email.

Previously, I was giving the members of the committee the benefit of the doubt that they were just inept and apathetic and had been bluffed by a liar.

I am now comfortably satisfied that you and the members of the committee are covering-up McDevitt’s lies, and therefore you are all corrupt.

After stalling for close to a year with my FOI request for the two texts McDevitt quoted from at the 3 March 2016 Senate Estimates hearing, ASADA’s lawyers informed the Information Commissioner and me that the two texts McDevitt quoted from DON’T EXIST.

McDevitt said they exist. ASADA says they don’t. You and your committee members ruled that the exist. Please release copies of both texts and I shall apologise for being comfortably satisfied that you are a corrupt liar who doesn’t deserve anyone’s respect.

I have been incredibly respectful to all but the sycophantic journalists who are scared of the AFL. But enough is enough. I have been lied to by Greg Hunt, the Ombudsman’s office, Susan Ley, the Victorian Police Commissioner, the VWA and been ignored by Prime Minister Turnbull, who like you is condoning corruption by the AFL, ASADA, WADA and the CAS panel. You and your mates don’t deserve the honour of sitting in Parliament. None of you deserves my respect.

Yours faithfully

Bruce Francis

In no other country has anti-doping been discussed so often by so many. The case for a wide ranging and forward looking anti-doping inquiry is more compelling in Australia than in any other country. Justice for the 34 renews its call for a Senate inquiry into anti-doping with wide ranging terms of reference which allow all sporting bodies, all athletes, and all interested parties to make representations. It’s in the national interest.
Further, the only thing necessary for injustices and corruption to get hold and/or spread is for good men to do nothing.

Support an independent inquiry to sort this mess out.

20 Likes

not sure calling them inept and corrupt is going to help

9 Likes

it’s a lot nicer than what I would have called them & he is entitled to his opinion of how they performed …they were inept & corrupt

7 Likes

The first step to getting someone on side is establishing that you believe in the same things. Therefore, this should work.

… the problem in this case is that he’s insulting/threatening the top of the tree, who have little to fear even if it’s true.

2 Likes

That’s true. Look how cocky McDevitt became as time went on, almost without fear.

I’m hoping some big head will take it to the next level, thinking he/she can do anything they want whenever they want and fall over themselves.

2 Likes

I doubt he knows the right people or has the moola.

There is a reason that he had to move clubs every couple of years - He was not a nice person and team mates did not like him (Just ask Matthew Scarlett).

He didn’t state an opinion he stated it as fact. There is a difference in suggesting that somebody has acted corruptly and calling them corrupt.

This is looking seriously bad for the Committee and Mr McDevitt. How can someone quote information to a Senate committee, later found to be false, and NO ACTION TO BE TAKEN?

…and not just once.

18 Likes

And no one but Essendon fans care.

3 Likes

So I see that flog McGuire suggesting the media’s coverage of Degoey is bordering on bullying.

He didn’t seem to mind when the media was camped out on Hirdy’s lawn for 3 years.

28 Likes

Or happily allowing ‘Sarah’ on his radio station at the request of the AFL honchos

Still wish that could be flushed out somehow

28 Likes

Exactly, In my opinon the lowest dirty trick of the saga, will never ever forget or forgive Mc Guire for that

8 Likes

Hirdy is meant to be back on radio this year and I bet it’s TripleM and Eddie will act like he’s the champion for Hirdy and getting him back into footy when he is one of the biggest causes of the public turning. That was bullying at its absolute worst.

Right after the AFL was exposed for having known AOD wasn’t banned since very early in the saga & yet had the subservient media hammering EFC over it especially Jobe.

6 Likes

And, to treat the Senate with contempt, by giving non-responses to questions taken on notice, such as the health and performance enhancing effects of TB4. As the then WADA spokesperson advised Tracey Holmes that WADA does not divulge such information, no doubt ASADA was forced by WADA not to provide the answer. So, to that extent, ASADA is the servant of WADA and not answerable to our Parliament.

11 Likes

well he also illustrated why he came that conclusion …opinion, maybe …fact, definitely …their actions condemn them quite frankly in my opinion they are inept & or corrupt …

I’d suggest a second round of punishment dished out by the club was bullying too it isn’t as though he wasn’t already punished for his crime

1 Like