Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Maybe they were and we didn’t like the answer?

I’m not comfortably satisfied that it was an AFL stooge.
There are a lot of strands in the cable, but not enough to convict for mine.

1 Like

Whose to say they weren’t

There is clearly a lot been kept to oneside as per that comment from Bruce the other day on the recorded convo of Gil bullying/blackmailing Little

When the time is right, in court, unleash it all.

5 Likes

the court case so they can say see it’s not true !!!

I know you shouldn’t repost your own post but I can’t help myself as I am still laughing.

Luke Darcy interview with Dean Robinson a stumbling block in Channel 7 move to recruit James Hird

Scott Gullan, Herald Sun
March 16, 2018 10:41am
Subscriber only

HAS the infamous Channel 7 interview with former Essendon fitness boss Dean Robinson come back to bite the network?

Luke Darcy’s explosive interview with the man known as “The Weapon” in 2013 is best remembered for Darcy’s line “say that again” after Robinson said sports scientist Stephen Dank had been asked to carry out “black ops” by James Hird and football boss Danny Corcoran.

Robinson alleged Hird and Dank led the supplements program which led to 34 Essendon players being banned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in January 2016.

That has become a stumbling block in Seven’s moves to recruit Hird to the panel for its Monday night show Talking Footy — hosted by Darcy.

It’s believed working alongside Darcy doesn’t sit well with the former Essendon coach.

Robinson was never charged over his role in Australian sport’s greatest scandal, despite helping establish Essendon’s “pharmacologically experimental” injections regimen.

Hird, who presented last year’s Norm Smith Medal to Richmond champion Dustin Martin, has been approached by Fremantle to work as an opposition analyst this year.

Dockers coach Ross Lyon said this week he would pursue more talks with Hird to sound him out for a strategic part-time role.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/luke-darcy-interview-with-dean-robinson-a-stumbling-block-in-channel-7-move-to-recruit-james-hird/news-story/1a7d96aaedaeccfc53b9ce6877b46a59

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The solution is easy get rid of Darcy and make Hirdy host. :slight_smile:

Edit; Sorry peops just saw it has been posted in the Hird thread.

6 Likes

Love it…

Probably about the only good thing to come from the saga is that for the most part a large number of us no longer watch, read or listen to any of the AFL sponsored propaganda on any of the various mediums.

No SEN
No 3aw
No MMM
Nothing featuring that sanctimonious flog whateley
No 360
No FC
No Talking Footy
No Footyshow
No pregame bullshit
No Crocmedia rubbish
No AFL.com.au
No Age
No Hun
No OTC

For anyone who has been living under a rock, switch them off, tune them out, and turn your pop-up blockers on.

Blitz, Official EFC site, member driven podcasts and content and a handful of well known twitter accounts are the way to go.

If Hirdy is involved then its probably okay.

(as long as you can filter out all the muppets around him)

31 Likes

Amen

6 Likes

Handelsman ( the one whose evidence at the AFL Tribunal and at CAS was trashed) got an Australia Day award for his services to anti-doping.

4 Likes

That’s pretty diabolical. Why I am not surprised though?

Jon Pierik has given the Taylor case a run in the Rage, as has Tracey Holmes in the latest Ticket.
BTW, anyone notice that Holmes is getting the odd gig on ABC Grandstand since Whateley’s departure.?

2 Likes

What did Pierik have to say?

The club run podcast feed features interviews from those platforms - am I allowed to listen?

Efc site occasionally features AFL.com.au content - can I look at it?

Match broadcasts - is that ok to watch / listen?

What about attending games? $ go back to the AFL. Is that ok?

My daughter loves Auskick. Shall i take her out of class?

LET ME KNOW THE CORRECT WAY TO SUPPORT MY TEAM!!!

2 Likes

Can anyone provide a brief summary of what was on the ticket?

1 Like

Bombers supplements saga back in court

By Jon Pierik
17 March 2018 — 5:03pm

Melbourne lawyer Jackson Taylor will continue his bid to seek clarity on the Essendon supplements saga when his case against the AFL heads to the Supreme Court on Wednesday.

Sources close to the case confirmed on Saturday that it would go ahead, for Jackson has provided security for costs to pursue his claims of deceptive and misleading conduct, claims the AFL denies.

Taylor had initially lodged a writ against the AFL, including chief executive Gillon McLachlan and former chairman Mike Fitzpatrick, in February last year.

He will be represented by human rights lawyer Julian Burnside, QC, with their case claiming the AFL had deceived or misled the public to protect its interests and reputation through the five-year scandal. One claim is that McLachlan attempted to reach an outcome before players and Essendon officials had been interviewed by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and the AFL.

The hearing before Justice John Dixon will be an application over how the matter proceeds in what could be a limited trial.

Fitzpatrick said last year that the AFL had no regrets over how it had handled the saga that led to a doping suspension of 34 players and impacted greatly on the AFL careers of former coach James Hird, former football department chief Danny Corcoran and Hird’s senior assistant, Mark Thompson.

Taylor said last year that the “ultimate end game is to have a trial and to allow the public to have clarification the ways in which the AFL mishandled the investigation, including the way it treated Hird, Corcoran and Thompson”.

Hird, who twice fought the AFL through the Federal Court, is not involved in this case.

The AFL was contacted for comment.

24 Likes

I’d suggest buying a membership is the best way to show support(if you can afford it).

The membership portal makes it nice and easy too:

https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/2018-packages-0

Now, back to the sorry saga…

1 Like

Denied any wrong doing as they believe that can do whatever they like so long as it falls into “protecting the commercial interests of the game”

Well played on the hat also Bomb Doe :joy:

10 Likes

Great hat!

3 Likes

Tracey Holmes, The Ticket, and Peter Jess at 36’24"

“Justice For The 34 Group has been pedalling away…” 45’16"

There are some very determined saga affected people out there.

18 Likes

Excellent work Littlehirdy,

Jess explains why AAT appeal was lodged and says NLM will join it.

7 Likes

Peter Jess almost bought a tear to my eye in that interview.
I had a discussion with my 22 year old neice last night about this trying to ro explain the situation and presenr some facts but ro no avail. She walked away thinking I was an idiot.
As she walked away I said yoy are doing exactly what the AFL and governing bodies want.
Brush it off. And many others do too and I’ve had some heated arguments presenting the players side.
Ill keep batting away as long s it takes.
Any other industry wouldnt stand for that ■■■■ poor treatment of the workers so why the ■■■■ should the players ( who are the workers) put
up with it?!
Go hard at em J34, Jackson Taylor, Bruce Francis and everyone else whos got integrity!

24 Likes