Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Are you suggesting that the AFL might be doing a little bit of arm twisting, in return for the return of the return of prodigal son, in return for Jackson Taylor dropping the case against the AFL elite and ASADA???

2 Likes

In all fairness corruption, powerful organisation’s agendas, natural justice, lack of independence of the judiciary, our flawed legal system in general and the ethical issues of major media outlets don’t tend to be things that a 22 year old would have much understanding of. But I bet she has you covered in snap chat, instagram, facebook and other mobile phone apps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Uncovering and proving further injustices now would only make me feel worse and more annoyed at people who always thought we were guilty and always will.

A bit of ol fashioned revenge would be nice but not worth it if they find a way to covertly penalise the club/supporters indirectly.

Winning a flag with Mcgrath being the clear match winner would be a tastier prospect for mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish the media will stop using Essendon’s name when some saga related stuff is in the news this latest court case has nothing to do with Essendon

1 Like

FFS mate, really?

5 Likes

While I agree the media will bring Essendon & the saga into anything they can its hardly surprising in this instance. The case very much is related to the club, players, staff & supporters even if they are not official parties to the case

I just think the club,players and staff don’t care anymore and it’s a shame that the saga reared it’s ugly head.

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t claim to speak for what all those parties do & don’t care about anymore.

Fairly obvious from Peter Jess’s comments on “the ticket” in regards to Natrat they do care.

It eats away at them knowing they were banned & have that stain on their record when they weren’t guilty.

Just like it would eat away at Hird knowing he was scapegoated when he wasnt responsible & others like Robinson who was responsible got a free pass.

The main people who are desperate for it to go away are those trying to keep their corruption covered up.

31 Likes

don’t think anyone is saying to be a good supporter you have to do any of those things …just for some of us it isn’t an issue take your daughter to Auskick watch what you like just take what they say with a grain of salt & yeah buy a membership there are really cheap ones

1 Like

just Nathan Lovett-Murray’s manager saying Nathan wants the consent forms released & has joined the FOI request case that a lot of the players he knew suffered depression that NatRat struggled a lot with the drug cheat label & still wants to clear his name as he has never believed any of them cheated anyway that some of the other players he has spoken to want the truth to come out because the truth has never been present during the entire saga …stuff like that

8 Likes

Thanks heaps

I want it all revenge, apology & the premiership & there is no reason why it cant happen

16 Likes

I reckon Ben Howlett would still be an AFL player without the saga.
I feel bad for him, particularly.

10 Likes

so Justice for the 34 would have some backing behind the scenes from at least some of the players if not all !!! if there is any justice in this universe then we will have what we want …the truth, the apologies & the going away from our game altogether of those in the AFL & media who trashed us & our beloved players (this includes Hird & Thompson who both played with us)

4 Likes

Robbing Watson of his Brownlow was one of the most disgraceful acts the AFL conjured up.

41 Likes

Agree. The AFL didn’t have to do that. They could have suspended the Brownlow for that year because they themselves found Jobe and the others not guilty. Now imagine the embarrassment when they have to take it of that worm snitchell and crutchin.

13 Likes

Or they could have had joint winners in a three way tie Cotchin and Mitchell get their medal and Jobe still gets to keep his also the AFL would have kept thier brownlow history intact,

Or Cotchin and Mitchell could have done the right thing and said, “thanks but no thanks” leaving no winner for that year.

Unfortunately for Jobe, Cotchin and Mitchell were the runners up that year so we wouldn’t expect anything less from those two.

21 Likes

The AFL’s own ADT found the players not guilty that should have come into consideration not from some corupt oustide orgnazation like Wada.

4 Likes