Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

I didnt see how once they had allowed the case to go to CAS they could do anything but take the medal off Jobe.
However I thought Cotchin and Mitchell would have been bigger men and said no, lets leave it as it is.

7 Likes

That’s where the AFL ■■■■■■ up they should have told CAS to get lost

2 Likes

The fact that Cotchin has Jobe’s brownlow and is now a premiership player makes me angry nothing but short of disgraceful how Jobe was treated.

7 Likes

■■■■ Mitchell.
Cotchin, I don’t care about.
But ■■■■ that figjam back-flanker.

No-one thinks he’s a Brownlow medalist.
If they think about it at all, they think about how desperately he grabbed it.
■■■■.

5 Likes

At least Cotchin had the decency to call Jobe unlike MItchell,Mitchell is a ■■■■

5 Likes

To be fair to Mitchell though, he was a ■■■■ well before he stole Jobe’s medal…

10 Likes

Good point.
Well made.

Good riddance to the Eagles player.

1 Like

You could ask your niece what if someone senior within your company breaks the rules, but you get the blame ( get told it’s necessary for the brand) , he gets a $1m, you get the sack, and he goes on TV , tells lies about you ( which the producers know to be lies) you don’t get right of reply; you can’t get another job in a field for which you are best qualified; your family, including young kids are terrorised by the media for years; terrible false rumours are spread about your private life.
That’s what happened - to varying degrees - to Dean Bailey, Hird, Bomber and Danny Corcoran , as well as the players . And that comes from the AFL, their joint employer.

30 Likes

To be fair, it was pretty much impossible to find three less respected and classy people in the game than Hird, Watson, and “Bambi”. Those scroundels had to cop it for the good of the game.

Farking bizarro world.

And therein lies the difference between being an ‘AFL sanctioned good guy’ as opposed to an AFL scapegoat. Cotchin should never have been playing in that Grand Final, nor should he have that Brownlow hanging around his neck.

10 Likes

What was in it for the AFL to discredit Jobe? What was the pay off this time?

Fitzpatrick’s fu essendon moment.

7 Likes

They had spent so long discrediting Essendon to the general public that they painted themselves in a corner. if they let him keep it they would have been admitting their vendetta.

7 Likes

To be fair it’s impossible to strip a fark Carlton player of any individual or team awards

1 Like

And now it seems that, with the help of Simon Garlick from Bastion Collective ( Gemba’s rival) Gil is going to solve Tasmania’s problems. Demetriou is on the Board of Bastion Collective - the one and same Demetriou, who saved Gil’s bacon from insider trading charges with an affidavit .

2 Likes

They’d want to setup as many jobs for the boys as possible now because surely Gil’s time in the big office is limited with Jackson Taylor now making him have his day in court.

Reminds me of that old joke:
Why don’t Carlton players get drug tested?

• Because you can’t take the pi.ss out of a Carlton player
2 Likes

Let’s see how CAS handles this one:
Two South African athletes ( one professional, the other amateur, the latter employed as a professional coach) both test positive for unlabelled substances in a commonly used supplement. The professional took the supplement on the advice of his doctor, the amateur on the advice of a friend.
The professional athlete declares the supplement on his DCF; gets a reprimand. The amateur does not, his explanatation being that he forgot following a gruelling amateur cycling race. The amateur gets 6 months.
WADA has appealed both to CAS

2 Likes

This reinforces my opinion that WADA and their NADO’s are targetting the wrong athletes - There is no justifiable reason why ‘Amateur Athletes’ should be part of the WADA Code - What a waste of resources.

3 Likes

More to the point:
WADA and the NADOs are running an anti- supplements agenda for athletes. They lack the legal capacity to approve or disapprove of any supplements, but no national health authority is prepared to ban them on the basis of adverse health effects ( indeed in some cases they are actually beneficial to health ). WADA needs to come clean with some scientific data on their performance enhancing effects - which it never will, as it would bring down the house of WADA cards for banning substances,

5 Likes