Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Funny how media are refusing to cover the story. Maybe because it would be admitting they hounded Essendon unfairly for 5 years.

4 Likes

So could this new information be added to Jackson Taylors case?
Huge discrimination at work here!

3 Likes

“I have a letter”
Where have I seen that before??

11 Likes

7 and 8 - does that mean the drug turns off the pain receptors which allows the taker to train and do normal training requirements?

At best is not a short term or a long term fix.

1 Like

Cant tell thats no performace enhancing. Gone from not being able to do anythign to playing?

1 Like

Lukin: “hey, look over here…”

15 Likes

So predictable.

Ridiculous suggestion we’ve never seen or would never implement to generate discussion across the MSM & away from the wonder drug.

As a contact sport the players near on kill themselves on GF day. They aren’t playing 3 of them. Just like they wouldn’t play 3 SuperBowls.

10 Likes

Pump ‘em full of PPS, they’ll be OK.

Not sure PPS would solve the trauma and expense for fans though.

7 Likes

was he waiving it about?

1 Like

So we’ve been told for 4-5 years that it’s not the responsibility of a doctor to tell the players what they’re allowed and not allowed to use; but solely up to the athlete to know.

Why aren’t these athlete’s being named like our players were? Where is the same scrutiny?

11 Likes

Pentosan got a mention on ABC this morning in discussions with Gordon. He said that to the best of his knowledge, not used at the Doggies, but that there was a need for AFL clarity, to avoid recurrence of past events.
So,even if it is not making big waves in MSM, all the clubs are giving it a focus.
Of course there is a distinction between Dank’s and Robinson’s handling of the experiment and TGA linked process for experiments by club doctors. But there is a bigger picture of overall AFL accountability to - and protection of - players.
And, given the promotion of pentosan as a wonder drug, there could be some incentive for illicit sourcing from veterinary supplies.

3 Likes

The Sorry Saga is being exposed for the absolute farce that it was ! if the AFL, WADA, ASADA and the politicians are not held to account we may as well pack up the competition we love because the custodians are more interested in their bank accounts / brnd management than they are in the sport of AFL

9 Likes

Let’s remember that our players got banned for taking a substance they didn’t take. Because they didn’t document that they didn’t take it.

44 Likes

■■■■ performance, get a drug that can make people with rheumatoid arthritis people again,

2 Likes

Rumour has it, Sam Mitchell is first person to come out and say he been taking ‘AFL approved’ injunctions. As seen in this picture.

IMG_3820

4 Likes

Gill has just come out and said:

“I know it has been signed off by the TGA for use, so that it is legal to use,” McLachlan told 3AW.

“I know clearly some people have come out saying it is having a significant impact.

… It is not WADA prohibited"

Fark off. Just because there is supposedly special exemption happening with TGA that doesn’t mean the drug is WADA compliant for sportspeople.

And that’s not factoring experimental nature of it still under clinical trials for what being used as.

9 Likes

I’m hoping there is a reporter willing to do the investigative work, and ask WADA directly.

I garuntee their response will be different.

5 Likes

According to ABC and other reporting , pentosan nasal spray for human use can be purchased with prescription and is being used by some for treating osteoarthritis. Is the AFL involved in this method of administration ?
Leaving aside the legal and WADA niceties of this , the AFL is evidently in a policy free zone - blame the clubs, doctors and players if it all goes wrong, AFL is only a joint employer and integrity is a one -way street.
Harcourt was not appointed by the AFL for his WADA expertise ( and has no authority to rule on WADA compliance) but that is now he is casting his function. Did he go beyond checking the Global DRO on the ASADA site? That site has a caveat about its authoritative status. If he got the tick from ASADA, there should be a paper/ electronic trail.

4 Likes

And - when Jon Pierik ran an interview with the Carlton club doctor testing experimental knee treatment ( Age article of 29 June 2015 ) the doctor said there was a need to get AFL approval under new AFL protocols - there was no AFL disclaimer of its role as an approver.

4 Likes

Latest Warner article. Says AFL kinda knew…

3 Likes