Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

What? In your dreams. Its talked about a lot but action - zilch.

GILL: I’ve been to Cancun, and the Polo at Portsea, I took me much longer to recover from Cancun, Mexican drugs are badddd, mmkay?

Agree, however the coverage will be whatever the AFL wants, unfortunately. Until the AFL media accreditation is outlawed nothing will change. It also doesn’t help that msm rely heavily on income derived from the sport. Nothing like a phone call to Rupert.

1 Like

Stop with the gags, you’re killing us! :joy:

5 Likes

Way better than the other way around …

2 Likes

Very effective in that role. Put a Hag mask on a stick in the backyard, … haven’t seen a bird near the fruit trees for years …

4 Likes

Don’t be too discouraged , the AFL does not own everybody. Larkins no longer has any AFL affiliations; Blight is not a headline seeker; Whately and Caro are the only ones in the media to have been AFL supportive; silence from Fairfax; the ABC may take it further after the Commonwealth Games; Warner probably has a bit more ammunition.
After taking control of some treatments, the AFL drops the bundle by saying that it did not give approval and passes the buck to club doctors. This has caused disquiet with doctors and has made some clubs nervous, particularly the 6-7 clubs using the drug who may fear being outed. There might also be some concern among the 50 players reportedly being treated. And Rennie of Paradigm - who generally enjoys a good reputation - would not be pleased with AFL handling.

12 Likes

Paradigm probably have $25m+ invested in PPSNa but the potential gain is significantly more when you consider that between 30% - 40% of the world population suffer from OA. Take Australia where potentially 8 million people could leave a relatively normal life health wise. Drug companies do not embark on the registration highway unless the potential gain far outweighs the risk. The data on PPSNa is very promising but the fact remains it is not registered and the clinical trial covers a defined community group which doesn’t include elite sportsmen and women playing a stressful, contact sport like AFL.

The decision to use or not use the drug falls clearly with the AFL, McLachlan and certainly Harcourt. After what has happened with drugs in sport over the last 8 or so years one would expect that sports administrators would have woken up and put well reasoned procedures and protocols in place to avoid a repeat of the Essendon clusterfk Our footballers, our athletes are treated like second class citizens and will continue to be in this town as long as the AFL is allowed to operate in the manner that it does. And now our once great club cowers under the AFL rod. Until we go back to the situation where we are Essendon becomes WE ARE ESSENDON, DONT FARK WITH US. the poorer we will be.

14 Likes

But have we ever really been like that? We were great but did we have the “Dont fark with us” mentality?
I was talking to my sister the other day, she doent follow sport at all and I was comparing us to Collingwood. I was explaining to her how we are the “Presbyterians” thats how we got our money, from the parsimonius scots IIRC, Collingwood are the “Catholics.”
Our response to a threat is to negotiate, their response to a threat is to threaten.
We allow people to come in and inspect, they circle the wagons and tell everyone to Fark off.
Its not surprising that we cower under the AFL rod. As appeasers, and perhaps pragmatists, that how our club has always been.
Collingwood is always going to feel that it is them against the world. And despite their on field performances they are stonger for it IMHO.
We are always going to be the “lets negotiate, lets keep the peace, lets try to get a good outcome.”
Some times you just have to say Fark Off, we are NOT taking this anymore. Disappointingly I dont think EFC has ever got to that stage and I doubt we ever will.

6 Likes

Wilson is a Trojan horse.

Question is, who’s been in her?

2 Likes

Mr Wilson?

1 Like

I just threw up in my mouth a bit, … pls.

1 Like

Given that the Collingwood club doctor works at a sports med clinic which is a commercial partner of Paradigm, there is a likelihood that Collingwood is one of the user clubs. If so, let’s see how Eddie handles that.
And, Andrew Walker was put on to PPS by the Carlton club doctor.

3 Likes

Unfortunately all these issues are determined by public relations.

The media is onside with the AFL except for Warner and they will ignore it unless it becomes useful politically for someone which in reality is the only reason the SS was ignited and run with.

3 Likes

Eddie will just tell everyone to “prove it.”

1 Like

What would be fabulous is if a distraught parent of a young player who has been plagued by injury calls SEN, 3AW or triple M to express their grave concern about the potential for her son to be injected with a drug being used in a clinical trial that has traditionally been used on horses and dogs.

Additionally, given her boy plays collision sport the blood thinning effect of this drug is particularly concerning.

Absolute hypocrisy and a disgrace this is.

23 Likes

yeah, what if conor bit him?

11 Likes

‘I’m not a doctor…’
…but I assume the concern would be about bleeding in the brain after a knock.

Which…again, not a doctor, but I guess would be bad.

I’d be grateful if anyone could advise.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what Doc Larkins was most concerned about.

2 Likes

And that’s exactly what Evans should have said.

6 Likes