Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Yep. But we are too concerned with playing nice. Always have been.

2 Likes

if any of the EFC players have gotten any injections (other than a standard vaccination), then they are fcking imbeciles that deserve to get rubbed out.
Honestly every f
ckwit in this country, is trying to pin ‘drug users’ on our club. No EFC player should be stupid enough to get an injection not suitable for human use.

5 Likes

According to that article on Andrew Walker, he first used PPS in 2015, referring to AFL approvals. It is odd that the AFL should take so long to qualify the nature/ extent of its approval and that the AFLDA should be confused. I would assume that the AFL consulted with the AFLDA when setting up the process. But, did it consult with the AFLPA ?
Given the AFL confusion and the time it has taken to get its act together, could it be that all the AFL decisions and clearances with the clubs were left to Harcourt.?
I assume that the TGA SAS approvals would need to be given to individuals being treated rather than a blanket approval to doctors. It is unclear whether AFL clearance was given on a case- by- case basis.

Also, according to the Walker article, he has had some sort of ongoing treatment. Some sites suggest that the treatment would be of six weeks duration, involving twice weekly injections. Other reports have suggested that the treatment would be undertaken in the off season ( presumably when matches are not scheduled)

2 Likes

The double standards here is so tangible you can almost pick it up in your hands.

4 Likes

You mean a drug trial with actual serious health risks (and when I say health I mean, you know, death) that has/hasn’t/who cares been approved by the AFL after their strict new guidelines in this area?

It’s fine. I don’t know what people are kicking up a fuss about.

11 Likes

Can someone who is knowledgeable about all this ring Whatley and take him on about it all?

It needs to be put in the agenda. Not ignored.

And it’s not to get the 70 footballers in trouble. It’s to show we were within the boundaries.

6 Likes

At the very least, Harcourt should be trashed for his unethical behaviour as a medical practitioner. First there was his Zurich performance ( when he got into bed with Clothier) , breach of privacy, unwarranted and alarmist references to cancer, which the AFL played down as a mere “flourish”. Then, there was his his abysmal repetition of the cancer word in that Hal Hunter Four Corners show. Third, he has a conflict of interest as a well paid chief medical officer of the AFL and from his position in WADA. His capacity to provide objective advice is compromised and he is wiping his hands of responsibility by passing decision-making to club doctors.
AFLPA and AFLCA are reliant on AFL handouts. The clubs won’t rock the AFL boat. The AFLDA - not directly in receipt of AFL subsidies - may be the only relevant body to act independently,

8 Likes

Who is the AFL Players Association head? Dangerfield ?
He should be taking it to the AFL …
players welfare ?
head knocks Big Tick yes we are very concerned
Ground based injuries from signs ,OH yes
Drug trial No not interested

Marsh is the CEO. He got warned off the course when he dared to question AFL signing up to WADA system.

actually Essendon had a lot of Free masons which is why we were hated & we did used to have that don’t mess with us attitude…in recent times the only President I can remember having this attitude was McMahon no one messed with us then. Since he left we have had a bunch of yes people …he must be turning in his grave …most likely he didn’t have any business dealings with the afl so could tell them to F off but maybe he was just a tough guy who loved Essendon & didn’t let the vfl/afl run all over us …

10 Likes

not a doctor either but yes bleeding in the brain is a bad thing its commonly called a stroke they could also have a bleed behind the eye & end up blind …they could also get bleeding in the lungs if they had a heavy knock the chest or if they had a weak heart wall or artery they could bleed there too along with other internal organs …no one really knows how their body will react or what their veins & organs really are like until stressed, injured or they get sick but taking something that thins the blood is not a good idea in a high impact sport

4 Likes

if there was an Essendon player involved we would all know about it …& anyway Doc Reid would not allow it

4 Likes

In a Fox on the mark interview of 12 April, Andrew Walker said:
“ When you have the support of your club, the AFL and obviously WADA, I was really confident that what I was doing was right.”
The report refers to Walker retiring from Carlton in 2016. In an earlier interview he said he first took PPS in 2015. So, that would confirm Carlton as one of the clubs using PPS.

6 Likes

On the basis of Gil’s statement - It’s legal and not WADA prohibited - there is no difference from the Essendon case.
Thymosin was legal and did not show up on any WADA prohibited list.
On the other hand, even if the thymosin in question was in fact TB4, it is not and was not an experimental drug and there were no issues raised about its product safety. Nor has there been any evidence cited about its performance enhancing effects.
That’s the hypocrisy.

23 Likes

Is there any indication from WADA that they have an issue with this new drug?

They didn’t have an issue with TB4 until ASADA told them they needed a scalp.

11 Likes

3 Likes

We seriously do need a phone call
To talkback radio - not necessarily even a sport show - perhaps Neil Mitchell may even work.

The lack of interest from
The broader football media is a disgrace.

10 Likes

So, if it is a fact that Carlton is one of the clubs, why is it never mentioned in reporting/ interviews? Andrew Walker is being presented as a retired Carlton player… He was not a retired Carlton player in 2015 when he first accessed the drug and was apparently treated by the Carlton club doctor.
Why is there no mention in the reporting of the names of the Carlton and Collingwood club doctors and their connections?

11 Likes

Because the AFL’s right hand has no idea, not a clue, AFL’s left hand we know everything and if we don’t then we pretend we do.