Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Basically I have access to showcast which has every registered actor in Australia.

If Sarah is a professional actor she will be on here. From her performance you would assume she is professional. If I was the AFL or Triple M I would have requested interstate talent so decrease the likelihood of recognition.

Fiona Walsh is connected to a Melbourne based agency. You can see her profile here.
https://www.showcast.com.au/showcast/View/ViewActorProfile?actorId=10219&d=6K0VdrO_1WaSlTnLuMjIjw

I am happy to find some of her work and do the comparison.

Are there any other leads on what actors may have played Sarah?

8 Likes

If someone accepts money to impersonate another person in a public environment, in order to damage the reputation of another, is that something the police can bring criminal charges on? (Just thinking about the last line that forensic scientist said)

7 Likes

Back of the envelope ‘SARAH’ plan for what its worth:

1. Email the investigators to see if they are the right people for this investigation and are willing to take the job. Tell them the first step is to determine if the matter is legit or a fraud. If they are successful, it would be a high profile case so perhaps cheekily ask for a huge discount. Get a quote for both limited investigation (if sarah is legit), and another for say 3 months investigation (to limit cost if nothing is found by then).

2. Visit the investigators with background briefing, the link to the interview, all other relevant information (to be supplied by Blitz).

3. I guess the investigators would also need to speak to the club to see if they are willing to help. Not sure what the response from the club would be, but if its a fraud investigation they should legally be willing to assist.

4. If its legit, drop matter, pay investigator. If fraud, continue on for 3 months…

5. Investigators may then go to TripleM producer and/or McGuire (who quite rightly will sh1t himself).

6. If no luck, go to industry and collate a list of likely actors/media for voice comparison with forensic scientist

7. ?

8. ?

9. ?

10. Expose Sarah.

2 Likes

If it were my plan, I would not hire an actor to do the job. That way lies an inevitable exposure.

2 Likes

Good on you The Ant.

I have asked MiRandB to repost the Sarah interview again here so we can listen again. There may be some word or phrase that helps.

Look at the time line, things were moving fast and it was just before Hird launched his court action. This is a classic AFL defect attention maneuver. I don’t think TripleM or AFL would have had the time to think to hard about this:

15/08/13 The Age: S Lane
Hird said Demetriou was conflicted and should not sit in judgement at the AFL hearing 26/08/13. Demetriou’s views were prejudiced by the interim report. He challenged the validity of the 400 page report (yet journalists were leaked copies, evidenced by commentary and articles)

20/08/13 SEN: Mick Ellis
Asked Demetriou:
Why is Hird the scapegoat?
How did EFC find out the ACC had it in its sights and so self-reported?
Demetriou: David Evans and I are determined to save the players.
Ellis: How?
Demetriou: No fault.
Ellis: Whose fault? Rogue scientist?
Demetriou: Maybe.
Demetriou: abysmally managed football department.
Ellis: So it was Dean Robinson?
Mick Ellis went on to question CWilson’s demands for heads and her moral outrage, the Baker & McKenzie articles, Mexican Drug story, Ziggy Report, AFL & media beat-ups, Robinson TV interview, suggestion EFC not playing from AFL rule book, CEO Robson leaves, Evans resignation.

20/08/13 The Age: C Wilson
Demanded Hird’s head for bad governance (another leak)

20/08/13 Fox Football: Mark Robinson
Condemns AFL for letting Jobe Watson suffer over the status of AOD-9604 when they knew it was not banned.

21/08/13 EFC website
-AFL released interim charge sheet to the media without allowing Hird time to digest it (in which he was forced to read on screen in a secure computer room yet journalists were leaked copies, evidenced by commentary and articles)
-AFL released a letter from Dr Reid which was a denial of due process and was confidential It was designed to damage reputation
-ASADA report was interim so there were no infractions for players
-AFL fanned a media frenzy but kept its knowledge of the safe status of AOD-9604 quiet
-Charges against EFC have no justifying evidence
-AFL maintained its silence on AOD-9604’s status until the release of its Statement of Grounds on 20/08/13
-EFC tried to stop the release of charges because some allegations are outrageous
-First charge sheet intent is to score media headlines and ultimately intimidate EFC
-AFL belligerent in discussions about potential sanctions
-Second release of the Statement of Grounds omitted much of the first that had already been provided to the media
-Second of the Statement of Grounds omitted much of the first that had already been provided to the media

22/08/13 Triple M radio: Eddie McGuire
Woman purporting to be a player’s mother phones in and becomes very emotional and accusative of EFC. ‘Sarah’ could never be found, indicating it was a fake interview.

22/08/13 abc news, website
James Hird launches court action against the AFL
-Deetriou tipped off Evans
-self report AFL design
-McLachlan told Hird he could not say they hadn’t taken banned substances because AFL integrity Officer Clothier knows and would be there to tell him so on the day of the self report

22/08/13 abc news, website:
Tracey Holmes
LAST MAN STANDING. DEMETRIOU VERSUS HIRD
AFL CEO needs a culprit in fight against doping, ‘something we’re told is tearing the fabric of our proud sporting nation.’
charge sheet in conflict with previous position that there was insufficient evidence for ASADA’s interim report to lay a single doping charge, EFC painted as a chemical factory
worrying that when Hird asked ASADA about other clubs using peptides, he was investigated himself
the release of the doctor’s letter is a case of ‘mud sticks’

6 Likes

At the time, I spoke with a relative who is involved in film and threatre in Sydney. She said that if it was a professional actor then the voice would be probalby be recognisable by most casting agents. Also was said that the scripting job was also done professionally and that again there was a select bunch who do this.

They are a closed shop though who keep most things very secret.

3 Likes

Agree. It would be tightly contracted.

I’ve rung the agency to find out where she is based but I would also be surprised if she was based in Melbourne. Too much heat.

No ones going to snitch. We need to do our own research.

I cannot believe that MMM would not have caller ID…and Eddie, from memory, interviewed her before she went on supposedly to determine the legitimacy of the caller. To me that points the guilt at Eddie or if its not he’s stupider than we all think.

If this were to go to court…MMM would have to disclose what they know

3 Likes

Someone mention Sarah? Original radio transcript, 22 August 2013.

’Essendon Player’s Mother On Triple M’

On Thursday morning a mother of an Essendon player called in anonymously to Triple M’s Hot Breakfast to vent her frustration with the Essendon supplement saga. The woman claiming to be the mother of one of the Essendon players says the supplement scandal is taking an unbearable toll on her family describing it as her worst nightmare as a parent.

She says it’s now at the point where her son’s thinking about walking away from football.

Sarah, which is not her real name, told Triple M’s Hot Breakfast Thursday morning that she fears her son has been used as a guinea pig.

EDDIE MCGUIRE: We let you have your say there because it is hugely emotional and we can feel you every step of the way on this. And youʼre quite right sometimes it gets down to lawyers and PR people and you forget about the people and the issues at home. Sarah, were you at the meeting at Essendon the other day?

SARAH: I wasnʼt, my son was there, my husband was there sorry.

EDDIE MCGUIRE: And are you happy with the information that you have been getting? Clearly you are taking a different point of view that it is not about saving the Essendon Football Club, it is about the processes that got them to this situation. So can you tell me what has been the agony around the dinner table, and you, your son and your husband are there and your talking, whatʼs the feeling?

SARAH: Itʼs the unknown Eddie. You know I talk to my son and I ask him questions whether he knows what he has been given. No answer, no knowledge. Half the things theyʼve been told, they havenʼt even been told what theyʼve been given. You know they donʼt know anything. They is only a few that are aware, that are completely aware of what they were injected. You know, they donʼt know.

EDDIE MCGUIRE: And you have not received any information at any of these briefings at all have you?

SARAH: No. Most who went to the meeting, when my husband went to the meeting the other night, the whole meeting was centred, the whole meeting at Essendon was centred from Essendonʼs point of view. All of it was from Essendonʼs point of view. And a lot of it was in, how can I say it, a lot of it was in legal speak so he just, you know the whole thing is about Essendonʼs point of view and I think people need to remember there are kids involved. James Hird can say what he likes and Mr Little can say what he likes and Mr Dank can say what he likes but I challenge them to inject their own children with the same substance and see whether they would do it willingly.

EDDIE MCGUIRE: Sarah thank you for calling this morning. Our phones, and our emails and our text and twitters have gone off the richter scale here just in their support of you as a mother and the sympathy that everybody has for you that you find yourself in this situation and quite obviously the desperation that you felt it compelling to ring us this morning on Triple Mʼs Hot Breakfast. Can you just give us an insight, one final question to you, as to why you felt compelled to ring us this morning anonymously, and we will protect your identity, but why you decided you needed to talk to somebody and to Triple Mʼs Hot Breakfast?

SARAH: Because Eddie, the parents havenʼt been given a voice. You know we go to meetings and we get told this is whatʼs happening, but we havenʼt been given a voice and you know, I commend Tim Watson for actually coming out and actually speaking to the media. But he is in the same situation. Heʼs a legend of the game. But he has also got a son playing there. So he is in an untenable situation as well. You know, the reason I rung is basically frustration. Frustration because weʼve been muzzled and a lot of our children have been muzzled.

EDDIE MCGUIRE: And Sarah can I ask you, weʼve seen the Bombers form dropping off, is that an obvious manifestation of what has happened?

SARAH: Yeah, my son has no, come game day there is no enthusiasm that was there. He used to jump out of bed. There is no enthusiasm. The enthusiasm is gone. And itʼs the unknown. Thereʼs fear. There is fear because he thinks well, you know, there is fear because he thinks well you know I may be rubbed out for three months, I may be rubbed out for a year and it is just the complete unknown. You donʼt know, plus the morale, regardless of whatever is actually put to the media, the morale is awful.

MICK MOLLOY: Sarah, Sarah can I ask, what would you like to happen now? As a parent, what would you like to see happen now?

SARAH: What I would like to happen now is I would like for the Essendon or ASADA or whoever to disclose everything that the individuals were given and for Essendon and Mr Little or whoever to admit, you know for whoever to admit that they did something wrong. Itʼs not about cheating. I donʼt actually think that the club went into this with cheating in mind. I actually think they did it thinking they could improve the health and fitness of their players. But it is the way they have gone about it. And you know, to get young men, not just my son, to get young men to sign documents, a waiver, you know that in itself, that in itself was a huge flag to me. You know if the club didnʼt think they had any issues, why get them to sign documents?

EDDIE MCGUIRE: Did you try and intervene with your son and say donʼt do it because of the documents? Did you have a family discussion about that Sarah?

SARAH: I only found out about the waiver after the fact. My son signed it because everybody else signed it.

LUKE DARCY: Sarah do you think the four people charged by the AFL should be punished, including James Hird?

SARAH: Well as I said before I donʼt think it is about cheating, I think the word cheating needs to be dropped. What they have done is they have done things that are unethical from a moral aspect there on, and that is bringing the game into disrepute. Whether they choose to believe it or not, they have brought Essendon and the game into disrepute. And they should acknowledge theyʼre wrong and as I said everything in the media that has been coming out of the club at the moment is all about Essendon, the board, Mr Little, itʼs all about James Hird. Nothing is about the future health concerns or future health repercussions about my child and every other parentʼs child that is playing in Essendon at the moment.

EDDIE MCGUIRE: Sarah, thank you for calling.

Then there is Eddie admitting he talked to Sarah for 30 minutes but had no idea what she was going to say on air - courtesy of Mark Robinson, HS, 25 June 2014.

So, after 24 hours of tit-for-tat between Essendon and the AFL, up pops “the
Essendon mother” on Triple M on Thursday, August 22.

“I spoke to her before she came on air extensively,” McGuire told SEN on Saturday. “And while she would absolutely not give me any information who she was, and I don’t know who she is, I was convinced enough to put her on air at a very volatile time.

“If she was an actress, she was the best actress in Australia.”

Challenged as to why he put her on air without knowing her identity, McGuire
likened her to being a newspaper source, although it was pointed out reporters usually knew the names of their sources.

“You’re going my journalistic integrity,” McGuire said.

McGuire said he “interviewed’’ her for a half-hour, and spoke to her three times, and then stressed it was himself and his producer who spoke to her.

McGuire said he spoke to the woman for 30 minutes, including input from a producer, and he insists he did not know what she was going to say on air.

“I didn’t know she was going to go the way she did,’’ he said. “It was a good
interview.”

Asked if it changed the landscape for Essendon, McGuire said: “I think it did.”
That is not in dispute. Whether she was a genuine caller is another story.

8 Likes

Sadly, not the full transcript.

2 Likes

Footnote:
Eddie McGuire was on the board of Evans & Partners (David Evans’ stockbroking firm) as well as Bill Kelty (ex AFL commissioner, ex ACTU), and John Wylie was also a former director. Wylie (Australian Sports Commission) was the go-between for Paul Little and Mike Fitzpatrick during secret negotiations re AFL penalties.

2 Likes

Do you have more?

I’m not going to add anything new RE: Sarah (I wish I could) but just wanted air my thoughts on the matter. Will start off by saying that anyone who thinks “Sarah” was genuine has rocks in their heads. This was Propaganda 101, the AFL (Lukin) played their Trump card and unfortunately for us, it was a masterstroke. As has been pointed out in previous posts, the AFL were beginning to LOSE the PR war, AOD-9604 was blowing up in their faces and people were starting to turn.

One only has to engage their brain for a couple of seconds to realise that this was a masterstroke. How does the Club respond to this? It effectively snookered us, and played on people’s emotions “lab rats, experiements” yada yada. How could the club respond to something like that without dangerously calling out the caller as a fake? That would require absolute proof which couldn’t have been got in the requisite time frame.

2 Likes

Eddie and Sarah interview - More.

3 Likes

Those interview questions from Eddie, Molloy and Darcy are so leading and set up it ain’t funny.

8 Likes

Reporting fraud:

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?a=internetBridgingPage&Media_ID=51702

2 Likes

Just having a laugh at Kochie complaining about the AFL withholding information in their report of the alleged Sam Powell-Pepper sexual assault matter.

I would have backed your opinion on this Koch (because fundamentally he’s right) but you kept quite when the AFL withheld information in other clubs matters. It just seems you’re just upset now the boot is on the other foot.

Sucked in Koch head now the chickens come home to roost.

9 Likes

I’ve rang Fiona’s Management and she is indeed based in Melbourne. I find it strange they would use someone from Melbourne but anyway.

I am briefed the sound studio and they have everything they need. They will compare words, phrases, tempo and pitch to support or disprove this is her. It will be ready Friday.

@up_up is Fiona just a hunch? What makes you suspect her?

16 Likes

Going through the emails at #4036 @Albert_Thurgood thought Sarah sounded more like “Tracey” than she sounded like “Wendy”, another Lukin company voiceover. Not quite proof beyond reasonable doubt, but maybe a strand in a cable…

1 Like