Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

It’s most likely going to be someone that Lukin had used before & trusted, probably a lifelong friend now. Payment off the books for sure.

The voice match up is the key.

And if private investigators involved, phone records from certain parties around the time it happened.

I would expect this is something those directly involved would have already gone down path of and perhaps just keeping powder dry for right time.

1 Like

ok. So it’s really a shot in the dark.
There are thousands of registered female actors in Australia. Literally 10s of thousands.

To get it first time would be a miracle.
Who is Wendy?

How are the private investigators going to get phone records?

This is so exciting! If you need someone to sleep with her, I take one for the team.

8 Likes

Probably a cash job.

It would want to be a lot of moola because your life would not be worth living and there would be no keeping the secret, secret for long…

Shouldn’t you guys be pm’ing each with this info, rather than have it out in the open so to speak or, is that part of the plan?

1 Like

IIRC Wylie made his corporate name with the SEC sell-off. He was also connected to Little through Toll , an MCC trustee ( involved in deals with AFL) ; Chair of the ASC; also a Rhodes trustee. Was there not some report about Wylie offering Hird a scholarship to Oxford?
No conflict of interest with him being a mediator between the AFL and Hird?
What chance did Hird, Danny and Bomber have with those connections?
And sadly, in that interview, Tanner mainly attributes the fall-out to a club icon as coach and to a CEO outsider.
Now, if ever a connection could be established between the AFL and Sarah . Eddie will never talk - as he said needs to protect his journalist integrity. He would be about the only person to call himself a journalist or a person with integrity.

3 Likes

After the farce that was the saga I am convinced Judges in this country do exactly what they are told to do regardless of what any laws might say …still baffled at how Middleton interpreted the ASADA act to say that a joint investigation with the 34’s boss (AFL) was legal??? I must have read a different act ??

8 Likes

Many legal heads still being scratched over that.

I have four legal mates who I have lunch with every 3 months or so, and they have never agreed on anything in the last 40 years (we all went to University together), but all of them could not understand this decision. They all also agreed that the players legal team (and Jimmy Hirds) were not very good. Easy to say from the cheap seats, but as I said I have never seen them agree on anything before.

8 Likes

me too

don’t be silly there is no possible financial or political gain for our government to do anything of the sort …bunch of self serving A-hats

1 Like

The AFL had the contractual right to force players to give evidence. ASADA did not. However ASADA could ask the AFL to interview players, which specific questions to ask and then to share that information with ASADA as potential evidence. Hence pragmatically it made no difference whether there was a ‘joint’ AFL/ASADA investigation or whether there were 2 separate investigators who had the legal right to share evidence. I think that is the basis of Middleton’s decision who took this pragmatic approach to empower the anti-doping agencies to fight the good fight.
caveat 1 – I know almost nothing about the law.
caveat 2 - Middleton didn’t know that the AFL were actually the bad guys and he thought Amnesia Andruska did have some useful notes.

2 Likes

According to some recently released FOI documents ( 8 March 2018, available on the ASADA FOI disclosure log on the ASADA site) ASADA sent its 35 case files to WADA, then provides the password to files on an unprotected email account!
That disclosure log also includes the transcript of the McDevitt post AFL tribunal media interview, where he bangs on about AFL governance failings and does scaremongering by referring to hundreds possibly thousands of unknown injections. Reads like some AFL scripting.
He also refers to WADA as a separate agency, finding such separation useful. Then there is the flurry of emails between ASADA and WADA revealing ASADA’s concerted efforts to get WADA to appeal to CAS.

3 Likes

Realise that I won’t get a lot of support, but I would be beyond staggered if Eddie was involved in any predetermined set up scenario.

2 Likes

but the problem with a joint investigation the way they held it was …yes players might have had to tell the afl things but under asada law they didn’t have to say anything & it is asada that has to have the evidence even if the afl gave them the players answers if the players held mute on the asada investigation they could not use the afl information to prosecute them but with investigators in the same room at the same time then obviously asada could use the afl answers as their own …which to me is wrong & goes against the asada code…I am not a lawyer but I can understand government acts I have to interpret them all the time for my job …** the afl could only share information in regards to requesting asada to investigate not run the investigation for them…do you get where I am coming from ?? my understanding of the rules is that the afl think something happened they investigate & then go to asada & say we think players may have doped …asada then runs an investigation in which the players do not have to incriminate themselves & comes up with what they got originally not enough evidence to issue a show cause notice …the afl are free to impose their own punishment but asada have nada & so no case progresses but as we know with the unprecedented joint investigation there was no where for the players to hide …the rest is history

1 Like

I think he was used by the afl to steer things in their direction whether he agreed or did it under sufferance is probably the question

to be honest i think the better approach to finding Sarah is to first rule out the parents.

Has this been done 100%? First hand info?

2 Likes

Whether or not the joint investigation was legal or not, it made a mockery of the law in confirming that ASADA had the legal right to go beyond its statutory legal powers to conduct an investigation by getting into bed with a private non- government body. And, as a WADA signatory, it owes its allegiance to a foreign private body dominated by a transnational private body in the IOC.
How is the Australian Government not compromised by providing a fig leaf to WADA in putting an Australian Government Minister on the WADA Foundation Board and Executive Committee , knowing that the decisions of such bodies will be determined by the IOC.
WADA and CAS are accorded legitimacy through the intergovernmental UNESCO treaty. That is where the Australian Government might have some influence - in cooperation with others- to afford some integrity to its athletes and to better reflect their human rights.

3 Likes

Having listened, it seems reasonable to also conclude the “child” was living with the parents. Pretty sure that therefore eliminates all players.

She doesn’t sound like someone composed enough to be dropping in little fibs to hide her identity.

I reckon there’s about a zero percent chance of getting anywhere with voice analysis alone.