Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

If she didn’t want to be identified she could just not give his exact age, but instead just say “he’s very young” or similar, no?

And in all logic, you would think if she was genuine, that would be the line she’d take so as to negate any chance of her or her son being identified.

Lies often have too much detail.

3 Likes

That’s fair. I guess what I’m saying is to identify the players of around that age, rule them out and then claim fraud isn’t going to cut it.

Cue some deductive discussion. 34 players, 34 mums. next?

Hird said in his interview with Tracey Holmes that 5 players lied about not taking injections ( doubt they are still with the club). Hal Hunter did not lie, but was not charged.

Exactly. Almost seems more likely to me it would not be one of the 34, if a parent were actually involved. By the way bigallan, your work on this thread is extraordinarily detailed, wide-ranging and appreciated.

19 Likes

Don’t forget that Banjo McLachlan, brother of Gill, was Middleton’s associate.

…“Banjo was a Senior Associate at Allens Arthur Robinson and the Associate to the Honourable Justice Middleton of the Federal Court of Australia.”

https://www.vicbar.com.au/profile/8230

Just saying…

8 Likes

DJR pointed out the flaw. Sarah said "Yeah, my son has no, come game day there is no enthusiasm that was there. He used to jump out of bed. There is no enthusiasm. The enthusiasm is gone. "

That means it’s a Melbourne based family and the player lives with his parents. Does anybody know of such a player? I doubt it.

Sarah needs a proper investigation.

…perhaps a fraud should be reported to the police?

At a bare minimum, you would think a police would be able to determine if the mother exists or its fraud.

3 Likes

I imagine there were some players still at home, but if so they did not also meet the other criteria.

You need to go the Vic Crimes Act and look at the offences relating to fraud.
I don’t think you’d get the police laying any charges for an offence against the fraud provisions of the Act.

I actually like Eddie and know his brother quite well, but I cannot believe that he did not validate that Sarah was real. I understand if he keeps it confidential, related to that BS thing from Journos, but he states he did not know who Sarah was.

For me that is just unbelievable for a professional Media operator.

I was once on John Faine show and subjected to people ringing in to tell me what a turd I was. They took and confirmed contact details of everyone who spoke at me. I just wish they had given them to me.

9 Likes

I thought there was only 1 or 2 players that fitted the bill for Sarah. 1 was Alex Brown I think, can’t think of the other one if there was in fact another 1…there was a lot of discussion in Blitz re this at the time, so if your really curious may still be in ‘the archives’.

Seriously do you think EFC is unable to recognise whether the caller was in fact a player’s Mum ? The answer is obvious !

2 Likes

“When Wylie was a 20-something Oxford masters graduate, it was Fitzpatrick then working in the New York offices of Credit Suisse First Boston, who gave the fellow expat his first job in merchant banking. They have remained firm friends ever since.”
The Sunday Times, 21 June 2015.

Wylie became Credit Suisse managing director 1994-1999.

Wylie and Fitzpatrick have served as the Australian Sports Commission chairman.

3 Likes

What’s the answer?

1 Like

And Wylie was brought in as a mediator between Hird and the AFL - no conlict of interest, nothing to see here.

2 Likes

Further to that, The Australian has a profile on him on September 16 2011 titled The Life Of Wylie where it was stated;

Wylie himself makes no bones about the fact. “The most important personal relationships I have had are with my wife Myriam, Mike Fitzpatrick, my life-long mate from Brisbane Andrew Courtice and Mark Carnegie. Carns has been a very good friend of mine and remains so.”

Fitzpatrick is only second to his wife!

3 Likes

Would be interesting to know if he was ever a Director of Evans and Evans though.

Not sure about Evans and Evans but the same article I mentioned above said that Wylie, Evans and Maguire were all on the Melbourne Stars board

2 Likes

He was.

4 Likes