Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

What gets up my nose about this is the way those turd WC supporters booed Jobe for the whole game while they were sitting in the Chris Mainwarring stand…the one who they immortalised for dying of a drug over dose.

16 Likes

pun intended!

2 Likes

Oh man, two blokes absolutely copped this exact thing from me a couple of years ago after they pulled the “drug cheats” line out. The softcocks couldn’t handle it and left to sit somewhere else.

3 Likes

Well played

1 Like

Don’t even go there …some will believe it is his fault …& remember he was so much at fault that he was never charged by ASADA or WADA

2 Likes

Had nothing to do with it …they didn’t even wait to see if our team was guilty before they punished us …the goal was to punish us & to get a feather in their cap re the ACC report just a bunch of arseholes sucking up to the then government & to give the media something to focus on the whole thing was supposed to go away after they punished us but they didn’t count on McDevitt being hired

5 Likes

The goal was to punish enough to try to sufficiently appease ASADA to get the players off and not affect the next season ($$$) via suspensions. That was the plan anyway, fell apart when there was no evidence and players wouldnt admit guilt (thus the no fault scenario didn’t apply).

And also to isolate the league wide unchecked supplementation (happening under AFL watch) going on to one club, and thus keep in particular GC, Melb and by extension Geelong out of scrutiny due to Weapon/Dank involvement.

5 Likes

I sat in the West Coast members that night (auntie and uncles are WCE members but don’t go that often) and nearly caused a riot when I pointed to the Chris Mainwaring wing and ranted for a good 5 minutes about the hypocrisy of all of those booing. I calmly yelled that if you want to boo an innocent victim be prepared to cop your fair whack over a club legend dying because of a club culture that allowed it. Was with my brother and sister who nodded in agreement the whole time, and they also worked on an escape plan if people started to jump seats to attack us. Was a good team effort.

31 Likes

Haha.

A WCE workmate of mine abused the fark out of me on facebook when I pointed out same.

Needless to say we are no longer friends…

5 Likes

Seems like an unusual thing to abuse someone about but each to their own…

1 Like

Pfft, stupid farking new Blitz.

I was of course referring to bringbackzantuck’s post.

2 Likes

I havn’t read the report or any of news reports but I think it’s clear that not only should the 2006 flag be given an astrix next to it - all subsequent flags since 2006 are now tainted in my mind - it is now impossible to definitively say that those seasons weren’t affected by any draft sanctions that theoretically should have been handed out to West Coast during the period. It’s really up to all clubs since 2006 to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they didn’t receive an unfair advantage due to the AFL’s inaction on this issue…

14 Likes

So there’s an asterix forever more??? At what point would it stop being tainted?

When the AFL becomes honest and runs a fair competition.

So, not in my lifetime. How young and optimistic are you?

4 Likes

Not very. Been enjoying the local footy for a while now. The AFL aren’t getting a $ out of me until I think it is well spent. What’s the point of following a bent competition?

6 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t someone from the AFL having a go at Richard Collis, the former CEO of the Sydney Swans.
Richard was also involved with the WCE in the early days.

Richard had a bit of a tiff with Mike Fitzpatrick over COLA. Actually it was more than a tiff. Mike lost his temper and probably said too much. A short time later withdrew COLA from the Swans.

1 Like

Goyder was a Freo board member before joining the Commission late in 2O11. The WCE Chair at the time was Gooding, who had a previous employment link with
Demetriou.
Goyder would have been party to the decision on Essendon…
, Goyder will inherit the fall out of the resurrection of the WCE saga, as well as the AFL review of Essendon. There is a Hun article behind paywall on the delay in the Essendon review…
PS, Goyder is a Carlton supporter.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting the record straight on Goyder, much appreciated.

I recall that Freo was the only club who didn’t toe the AFL line.

For which they were punished by having to play a final against Geelong at … Geelong! The only final played at Geelong since WW2 (at least).

Make of that what you will.

5 Likes

Which they won anyway, just to put it up the AFL.

1 Like