Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

The AFL and friends are quietly in damage control. Everyone is repaying favours and covering the other’s backside. With A.Demetriou and M Fitzpatrick now out of the AFL’s picture, Gillon now has to look for another patsy. Who is next?

What the latest coverage on the WCE drug shows is, the AFL were NOT as inexperienced as they would have had everyone believe. EFC were not the first, won’t be the last. However there are similarities in the way both the EFC and WCE situations were dealt with. And; the Gold Coast Suns prior to the EFC. How many more surprises?

Had the AFL acted against the WCE and pulled them into line, the Essendon Saga probably would not have happened because; the AFL’s Governance very likely would have been properly regulated and supervised.
The rules would have changed for all AFL club’s and the WADA code and ASADA rules easier to follow.

Facts are, in both situations, the AFL as an employer failed the players of both clubs and as a role model failed their Franchise’s as well. They protected themselves first and then the brand. Where are the OHS regulators now? No new evidence? I’d say this certainly latest information shows a pattern of reoccurring behaviour by an Employer. A complete lack of duty of care, irresponsibility, integrity and dishonesty.

The truth is Gillon, you can’t be trusted.

17 Likes

It probably goes a bit deeper than that.

The AFL had the deal with Andruska. Nothing more was going to happen.
Then, change of government, Andruska shows info to lawyers who say it’s not worth pursuing, Andruska is shown the door and McDevitt put in place to reach finalisation to justify the time and effort spent on the biggest media shitstorm in recent Australian history.

That’s why the senate inquiry isn’t going ahead. Of the two major parties, one started it and the other made it worse. Neither wants an inquiry into their actions.
Politicians acting in their own interests as per normal.

14 Likes

Exactly my thoughts too Blummers32.

1 Like

Wtf was Evans doing in the rooms? ■■■■■■■ spoilt an awesome night

16 Likes

I agree. At least they could have hidden him from the tV cameras so we didn’t have to look at him.

7 Likes

If the players are ok with him being there then I am too…can’t say it thrills me though.

1 Like

who gives a ■■■■. players are over it, clubs over it, you should be too. let it go.

1 Like

The good son can’t say sorry.

1 Like

When David Evans dies, some of you lot will be doing a Westboro Baptist Church, however far into the future that is.

1 Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/dominant-bombers-captain-dyson-heppell-deflects-praise-onto-teammates-after-round-1-win/news-story/4e2ac87ac1db06de146296b7c956c4d6

One of those was former chairman David Evans, who stepped aside from the role after suffering a physical breakdown following a match against Hawthorn in July 2013, but was in the rooms again on Saturday night.

“That is enormous, he has been so special for this club and has been a real mentor to me,” Heppell said of Evans. “To have guys like that, people who mean a hell of a lot to this club, it is great to share it with them.”

3 Likes

What else is he going to say?

3 Likes

I’d have thought he’d play a straight bat and say it’s great having him around and leave it at that.

I didn’t know Evans was his mentor.

1 Like

Actually he didn’t have to say anything. And he certainly didn’t have to go out of his way to praise Evans like he did.

7 Likes

Shows we actually have no idea at all.

6 Likes

Fletch said similar on Evans at Chairman’s function. I could tell he meant it too. When you see players at Evans birthday and playing golf etc…you get no doubt that they don’t separate Hird and Evans like many fans do. I am not even saying if I think that’s right or wrong…but it’s what it is whether we like it or not. Tells me players have more insight on key people than us . If Hird and Evans both equally comeback to club where they know they are welcome anytime then I will far from complain…sounds like players won’t either.

4 Likes

At what point can we close this thread? I think now is the right time

1 Like

Agree

Just stop reading it.

16 Likes

I don’t read it. At all. I was just interested in what point as fans, do you let go and stop talking about it and finally, put it all in the past. It’s always, forever, going to be in people’s mind I get that but can’t you all just go back to the hanger and go back to abusing each other and maligning players? I see very little point in discussing the same ■■■■■ over and over, but more so, I think as a collective, we all need to let it go. I get that some people won’t ever forgive etc etc and some people are very passionate about it, but I think with the direction the club is heading, the whole message of the comeback story and all that kind of thing, that this sub forum should be deleted

Let’s get back to footy. For good

1 Like

The thought police are back

10 Likes