Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Jesus some of you are ■■■■■■■ sensitive haha. Go and get some fresh air. Anyway, as you were…

1 Like

I’d like to see Hirdy back at the club too…It’s okay for David Evans he didn’t have his name vilified or hundreds of articles written about how it is was all his fault or press camped outside his house for months on end …sure he comes back and every one in the media is all “oh how nice to see him back” …If Hird came back it would be a public flogging they would hound him drag up everything and heap all the blame on him again!!! So sorry I am happy for David to be back but he still needs to spill the beans on what happened & why he left Hird (a friend supposedly) to carry the can!!!

9 Likes

Probably why this thread is open but could be closed if Evans and a few others would tell the members what the hell really went down at the club.

3 Likes

I guess he will need a job when he retires from footy in 10 or 15 years time ?? I’d say he just hasn’t thought about it the way we do & if Evans has said something to apologise for the mess he made then why don’t we members know anything about it?

2 Likes

I’d love to see Hird in rooms after the game and all the relevant players getting around him clearly happy to see him, enjoying the win together.

The public all see him as responsible but if the players don’t and are seen to be acting in that way would be really beneficial.

Anzac Day

6 Likes

he would have to run the media gauntlet though he probably cant even go to the footy with his kids currently due to the media pressure he would get one day when all the flogs have retired he might venture out into the footy world again right now it is great to see him writing in the media …I guess it is small steps :pensive:

3 Likes

Are you wearing rubbery glue?

Better to keep the thread open.
Better off to have saga related stuff in here than in player and other miscellaneous threads.

2 Likes

If you’re not interested, mute the thread and get out.

End of “debate”.

25 Likes

What I found really sad was that 20 minutes after the bell on Saturday I jump on blitz to revel in the euphoria of a win for the ages and for me an enourmas cleanse of the last few years, to see this thread third on the recent posts list.

Ok I thought, maybe people are sharing the emotional release post saga in there, so I give it a click. Boom, keyboard peanuts raging on seeing Evans in the rooms.

It must be miserable being some people. My father died two weeks ago, that win was th first joy I have had in the days since his passing. Who cares if Evo was there. That win was the time people needed to put stuff like that aside for a few hours.

7 Likes

A truely wise man knows when he doesn’t know enough.

5 Likes

You know what?

Yep.

Not directly related to the Saga, but was Hird at the march?

Very sorry for your loss…

I actually haven’t been anywhere near ‘the saga’ thread since the game until returning home to Darwin this morning - after travelling to Melb and seeing one of the most exciting and memorable games by the Mighty Bombers. Still feeling euphoric about the win.
I didn’t know that good ole “Evo” was in the rooms until I read someone tweet about it.
But even if someone did get on here and post about DE being in the rooms 20 mins after the game… Doesn’t mean they weren’t enjoying the win just as much as the rest of us. Some of us do strongly believe he shouldn’t be there… some don’t… It is just someone’s opinion - you don’t have to share it.

7 Likes

Not to my knowledge. I always sensed with cameras he may not. He should never be a media circus anymore and should be able to come to these events and enjoy his club but sadly it’s still a reality that comes with him and he knows it…which is not his fault by the way. We all hope James comes back. I know there was a lot of appreciation for his first article from people at the club. It will happen but no one can force the timing.

2 Likes

Can we start a separate ‘■■■■■■■■ about the Saga Thread’ thread?
Sick of seeing it in here.

22 Likes

Only if we can have a ■■■■■■■■ about the ■■■■■■■■ about the saga thread

2 Likes

“If you don’t like it, why come…” etc ect

I’ve just doubled my yearly saga posts in 3 hours. I’m hooked. I’m back in. Fml

1 Like

Ironically, it’s like a drug.

1 Like

You didn’t check out the leaked tape, but you had a peek now?
Seems odd.
People are interested.
But most of us can walk and chew gum at the same time.
And there are some ‘anti-Saga’ people who are just as tinfoil as the worst Saga-ites, there’s one poster I swear legit wants to pretend it never happened, so how about we (not you, wob) give the whole ‘stupid’ thing a rest and just let people continue to deal in their own way.

8 Likes