Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Glad you are happy Dyson seeing David Evans in the rooms on Saturday night after the game but please do not speak for me.

6 Likes

He’s speaking for himself and the Club, he knows David Evans, he was there throughout the saga. His opinion carries weight.

Funny though you didn’t think twice about speaking on behalf of any of the players when it suits you. The hipocracy is astounding.

6 Likes

Reckon Dyson could say the same to you.

5 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes. If those most affected by the mistakes(the players themselves) are willing to not necessarily forgive, but give those that let us down a chance to repair the relationship and welcome them back into the culture of the great club then so should we.

It’s what makes our club great.

Steven Dank, Andrew Demetriuo and Ben McDevitt on the other hand…

3 Likes

I reckon the members/supporters have been affected too so before I welcome Evans back into the culture of this great club I would want to know whether he’s a been a shady ■■■■■■■ over this saga and selfishly covered up a lot of things but, is prepared to spill the beans and own up to his poor decisions. Little things need explanations like why he spent the weekend before the saga ‘snooping’ around the club. What’s all that about Dave?

10 Likes

I don’t know the nuance of Heppell’s rationale for his positive attitude towards Evans. It really doesn’t matter to me. Heppell’s inclination to forgive and forget is entirely his own.

I still think Evans has a lot to answer for and I don’t see any answers forthcoming.

16 Likes

benfti, my condolences on the passing of your father.

Glad something nice happened, emotionally twofold for you.

10 Likes

Let me make it simple for you. He was there, this happened to him, he knows Evans, he knows Hird. Compared to Dyson Heppell we know nothing.

You’re looking for the truth, in a nutshell, that’s it.

4 Likes

Dave knows the truth, shouldn’t be too hard for him to enlighten the members on the truth.

5 Likes

Okey Dokey, that sounds perfectly plausible …wish I was on the inside and knew exactly how things had happened like you do.

3 Likes

I have no idea what happened, like most here I’ve pieced together bits from many different sources.

I reckon Dyson has a fair idea though.

2 Likes

Who knows the real truth about Evans. Everything else has been stained by the media perhaps all is not as it seems. Up to the lads to allow him into the lair again

2 Likes

We have a fair idea what has happened, and its no surprise that some if not many of the players still hold Evans in high regard. Evans followed the AFL’s command as he was told the players would get of if he did. He always had the players best interests at heart. Of that most of us have no doubt.

However when it was time to make a stand he didn’t, when it was time to stand behind the coach, he didn’t. He had no ■■■■■■ idea what to do, and had a nervous breakdown because of it. Evans was between a rock and a hard place. He was damned if he did or didn’t.

Most of this understand this but it does not excuse what he did. Until he comes clean and tells all, many of us will never be able to forgive him, myself included.

So the players speaking of Evans and holding him in high regard does not contradict the the story put together on here.

18 Likes

You are right… I know nothing about Dyson except he is a fantastic footballer and he is captain of my club.
I will never know more about him than that. I don’t know what he thinks about James Hird because to my knowledge he hasn’t said anything about him… But it appears that he likes DE. That’s nice.
That doesn’t mean I have to agree with him - Just because Dyson thinks it’s ok doesn’t mean I have to think so too… There are too many unanswered questions around the role he played when pres of the club.
I would love know what JH thinks about DE being back, I would love to know if that makes him feel less able to return himself.

3 Likes

He’s said lots about James, most recently when he was made Captain he spoke about how strong an influence James was on his leadership and how he gave him confidence.

He obviously respects and admires Hird, he obviously respects and admires Evans, he’s in a very good position to judge, far better than any of us.

2 Likes

Weird all this positive coverage.

If the team were the dead set, dyed in the wool drug cheats that befit the punishment they received, they wouldn’t be welcomed back so happily by the footy media/public.

No one wants to unravel the true extent to how the players were screwed, but no one’s treating them like legit drug cheats – that’s just how they were punished.

17 Likes

We know he does, and it in no one contradicts the story that has been talked about here, by Bruce Francis or the J34 group.

1 Like

Nice to hear he spoke well of James.

2 Likes

You know what the game/win on Saturday did for me? It’s given me some basic love of the footy season again. I’m even watching Talking Footy right now for the first time in years.

But Footy Classified can get @#$%&@. I’ll never watch that again for any reason.

10 Likes

Don’t read the article in the Roar by Jay Croucher then…