Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

That always has been, and was always going to be the case.
I have a recording somewhere of an AFL communications exec from the height of the saga, saying the processes were wrong, but the result was right.

They’re fine with the tautology.
They always have been.
They don’t see any logical problem with that statement.

8 Likes

As anticipated.

Internal AFL report says AFL does a top job and congratulates self.

No other outcome was ever going to happen.

11 Likes

I agree Darli, it is entirely Dyson’s business.

I think there are still many unanswered questions which need answers. I think David Evans is very much a part of that mystery. That isn’t a fact, it is my perception of events which doesn’t mean its true. Its an opinion.

I am happy the players are back on track and happy for every Bomber supporter and member and last Saturday night was a wonderful experience for me and my family. I was exhausted from cheering and screaming and clapping the players. More than anything, I am stoked for the players.

7 Likes

Accirding to to the Australian article ( now behind paywall), the decision to hold Joint investigation has been fully endorsed.
I assume it was fully endorsed by those same Commisioners who endorsed the original decision, plus Gill, who now gets a vote.
The article also quotes Fitzpatrick
, " … our investigation rules and procedures were tested and challenged by courts and withstood those challenges."
What a load of rubbish, the court challenge was to the then ASADA CEO, nothing to do with AFL although the challenge did serve to expose AFL mendacity.
I wonder who were the authors of the internal review.
I hope it sees the light of day as to consideration of the behaviour of the various AFL personnel in the investigation.

14 Likes

“I never welcomed anyone back”.

10 Likes

I just had a look at the ‘internal AFL Report’ - all I can say is what an absolute farce for such a significant issue the lack of detail was completely and utterly embarrassing along with the fact that no individual was prepared to put their name to it. The media in this town are typically pi$$we@k but the what has been produced after such a long time is nothing short of disgraceful.

17 Likes

Did they mention what their original tribunal of two judges and a barrister thought of their actions in handing over to a kangaroo court, contravening Australian laws, and how little the AFL thought of those people.

I’d love to know if any of the three are still involved in AFL quasi-legal tribunals.

11 Likes

No it has been written at a very high level - literally has very little substance and detail. It is only 8 pages which highlights the lack of content.

1 Like

Can we get a copy leaked? So we can all laugh at it on twitter?

1 Like

I won’t give a report any credibility unless it’s written by Ziggy.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t give any credibility unless it’s written by Ziggy Turner-Heppell, the golden retriever of Dyson and his partner.

Awaiting Bruce Francis response

Always entertaining reading, especially if ripping into the AFL.

6 Likes

something something cowards.

something something imbeciles.

add about 30 more paragraphs.

2 Likes

8 ages seems a Tad on the light side, to say the least.

1 Like

Not after you’ve “Taken out the bits they don’t need”, which was likely around a hundred others.

10 Likes

Straight outta the FIFA Handbook then.

Sepp would be proud.

2 Likes

PDF at the bottom

It is Dyson’s business.

I don’t, however, see how it being Dyson’s opinion of Evans, precludes anyone else having an opinion on Evans.

6 Likes

After 4 years, I have outrage fatigue, so can’t get too worked up about a predictable AFL review predictably clearing the AFL.

But it’s still not time to move on.

12 Likes

did anyone actually know that there was an internal investigation? could perhaps, maybe, possibly explain why it was written as if nobody would read it?