Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

16pt type, half page of Beloved Leader message, last page is a quarter of a page. Now that’s a report of a 4 year saga.

1 Like

What’s this about the prison guard experiment?

Evans chose himself as a bad guy. Blitz’s groupthink spent the 1st year of the saga defending Evans assuming he was looking after the club. It was only when it became patently clear that he had sold out the club & chosen his mate Vlad that attitudes changed.
IF the players were given TB4 then absolutely its 100% Dank’s fault BUT Dank isn’t the reason we were fined 2mil from the AFL then the workcover payout, then the Robinson payout then the players payout not to mention the trashing of the club for 4 years. That is absolutely the result of Evans & his management decision the allow the AFL to manipulate the investigation. FFS a properly managed club, even if we were giving the players the greatest PED cocktail since Ivan Drago would have fared far better than we did after Evans allowed the club to be sacrificed in a monumentally stupid attempt to protect the players. He protected them from their innocence & allowed the AFL to use us as the scapegoat. I can at least understand the AFL motivations, they had to protect the GC suns or risk losing 100’s of millions in investment. I get their evil & accept at the very least that they had to try to contain the damage. What I can’t & won’t accept is Evans allowing the EFC to wear the entire saga when it was his ONLY job to protect the clubs interests. He didn’t do that in any way shape or form. The self reporting was a massive mistake, allowing Lukin into the club another, Ziggy wasn’t a mistake because you don’t accidently decide to do something against every piece of managerial prudence, I call it corruption. I can & have accepted that Evans probably had no idea how badly his decision would work out but again, 200 times over, he’s had the chance to rectify his mistakes or at the very least try to explain & apologise for them. He’s chosen to do nothing.

37 Likes

Official Stanford Prison Experiment website

1 Like

I’m aware of Evan’s fark ups. I also agree he owes the members an explanation.

He is the Blitz Devil though, undoubtedly.

Dank either:

A) Gave the players TB4, or
B) Didn’t give the players TB4, then sat back and watched as they and the club got crucified for something he knew for fact didn’t happen… And he did absolutely nothing to stop it.

Either of those options makes him a bigger ■■■■ than Evans imo, by a fair magnitude too.

10 Likes

For me, it’s not about choosing a bad guy.

David Evans was the President, Captain of the Ship, Ship Essendon in this case, which he let nearly become Costa Concordia. (thank goodness no lives were lost on Ship Essendon)

The Captain’s responsibility

’ The captain is ultimately responsible, under the law, for aspects of operation such as the safe navigation of the ship, ts cleanliness and seaworthiness, safe handling of all cargo, management of all personnel, inventory of ship’s cash and stores, and maintaining the ship’s certificates and documentation. ’

While abled bodied seamen Hird, Dank etc made errors it is/was the Captain’s responsibility to make sure Ship Essendon was not heading towards the rocks.

Instead he jumped. Didn’t even throw a life jacket on his way.

9 Likes

So you think Jobe then :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think Level of Blame due to what happenned IMO is as follows

Demetriou - got in bed with labor govt, sacrificied EFC - more to blame than Evans
Fitzpatrick - would have been fully informed and helped Demetriou with his actions
Dank
Evans - just agreed to whatever his mate demetriou said to do.
SWMNBN - rubbish articles laying blame from AFL Sources
Asada
Government - Labor and Liberal both stuffed it.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, but many have made the exact same argument with Hird as the captain.

• Note, I typed in ‘Hird as the…’ and my predictive text suggested ‘scapegoat.’
4 Likes

The PED accusations against the players, the poor overview of the HPD and management of the program within the club, and circumstantial evidence against Dank together formed a complicated issue especially given the weakness of the ‘evidence’, an hysterical media and political interference.
From my experience, when dealing with complex issues where there is no clear precedent as to how to act, managerial incompetence is the norm, not the exception. We - all of us - continually learn mostly from cocking things up the 1st time around, and then we get better as issues repeat themselves in familiar form so that we can ‘pattern match’.
I agree very much with JBomber’s analysis re the AFL and Evans probable lack of understanding in real time of mistakes he was making.
However I don’t blame Evans for being quiet. I don’t care about that. Going public doesn’t work because the message is always filtered through the media misinformation machine. If the club is happy and the captain is happy that Evans is back, then I have no reason to ■■■■■.
For me, the only missing piece of information which matters is - where is the invoice for the thymosin? Answering this question is the only way to get any movement towards clearing the players.
Some big pharma company sometime somewhere supplied Dank with some form of thymosin. The company has record of the transaction, unless they have expunged it because the great professional error which is being hidden by Dank is theirs. But that’s unlikely.
Dank buys thymosin for his clinic. Probably from the same source(s) who supplied the club. Why haven’t Chip or Mick been able to track this invoice down?

1 Like

Except he wasn’t CEO.

1 Like

Didn’t Shane Charters tell Gatto that he found the invoice?

[quote=“Darli, post:618, topic:9724, full:true”]

Except he wasn’t CEO.

/quote]

oops. Fixed.

When I hear that name this terrible song replays in my head -

I sharted,
Broken dreams that never really started,
yeh…

Anyway, if Sharters had real case changing evidence then some rich Essendon cotorie members would have paid him $50000 and promised not to boil his bunny. So the evidence is probably as striking as Sharters is altruistic.

Seriously? You changed the word but kept the sentiment.

People do it all the time, and genuinely don’t think there’s much different between the chair and CEO roles.

One is paid mid to high 6 figures to run all operations of the club, one isn’t paid a cent as a part time volunteer to set the direction of the club.

They are in no way interchangeable!

1 Like

The AFL are massive protect Evans mode right now, this is currently what Lukin and Gill are working on. They know many fans want him to sing, and their priority right now is to change our tune.
Take a listen to Tom Bellchambers’ Triple M interview on the Bombers podcast from yesterday, and listen to the script the hosts read out about how great it is he’s back, and how fans need to realise how much his family has done for the club etc etc. Seriously planted rhetoric from the top.
It makes Robbo’s latest piece all the better and more defiant.

16 Likes

Evans was the president during 2012. He was the captain of the ship and is to blame for running a shambolic organisation. Once the ■■■■ hit the fan he along with the AFL tried desperately to arrive at an outcome that suited the club and the AFL. When ASADA said nah sorry fellas and more ■■■■ hit the fan, the AFL turned on EFC and Evans had a choice to make…fight the AFL and risk going down with his sinking ship or jump on the only lifeboat available. Well we all know what choice he made. Now he knows more about what went down than we do but it reeks of Evans choosing his business friends ahead of his club and his mate James. He and his family have been huge supporters of the club for many years but FFS I cant be happy about him being back at the club when he left us all in the lurch for almost 4 years. FWIW I cant ever see him giving his version of events of the last 4 years because it is not in his best interest to spill his guts. IMO he chose to protect his business interests ie. $$$$$$$$ therefore bailing out of a fight with Fitzpatrick and the big end of town. Hey but what do I know

6 Likes

Don’t underestimate there is a possibility Evans will be contributing behind the scenes in some way, to make up for 2012.

2 Likes

I do blame Evans, the former Essendon President who was fawning over the players on Saturday night, for being quiet- quiet about what led him to go snooping at Windy Hill the whole weekend before the announcement. He’s more than likely the man who knows where the missing thymosin invoices are or what happened to them. Who else was down at the club helping him rifle through the records? Did he inform the Board about his intentions to head over to Windy Hill, did they agree, what was the objective, what exactly was he looking for, which files did he rifle through, what data did he access, did he destroy any records? etc etc.
They are just a few of the questions he can answer, and that’s a lot of baloney about media machines and misinformation in this case. There is nothing stopping Evans telling the members in his own words without the filtering, exactly what he did.
This is the ex President we are talking about, a person from a family held in high regard both in and outside the Essendon Communiy, he’s not Stephen Dank.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the part time volunteer who set the auto pilot head on into the icebergs known as the self report and the Ziggy report.

2 Likes