Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

For the last four years we have condemned the media for reaching conclusions without knowing the facts.

Yet we’re quick to do just that. We revel in it.

I’ve said it before, we know little if anything of what was going on inside the club at this time. Sure we can form opinions based on what is public knowledge, but without the facts these carry about as much weight as the opinions of Smith, Wilson, Barrett et al.

2 Likes

Most of us are waiting for our conclusions to be rebutted by Dave, with the facts, what’s taking him so long.

8 Likes

You could equally argue why Evans was even involved. In his role he was responsible for appointing Robson to do a job. Why didn’t he let him do it?
Why was Evans even involved in discussions with Demetriou?
Can’t have it both ways. As he wasn’t the CEO he shouldn’t have been trying to act like one.
However one thing Evans was definitely responsible for was the incident or disaster management plan. The one that either didn’t exist or wasn’t followed.

I could go on but I can’t be bothered. It’s all been said before.

But trying to whitewash Evans’ involvement now is not going to work. Doesn’t matter who tries to do it. He has a level of responsibility that is not going away.

15 Likes

No offence stander2 but this stuff about Evans or ASADA (others say that) destroying records is just illogical Bblitz conspiracy stuff. Sorry to repeat myself but it makes no difference at all whether the Grim Reaper himself entered EFC and napalmed all the evidence.
The case against the players came down to just one substance: thymosin. Dank knows who he purchased it from. That supplier has the invoice. Dank has an enormous financial incentive to get a copy of the invoice and show it was thymomodulin. The reason that he won’t do this is assumed by outsiders to be because it was TB4. J34 put together a strong circumstantial case that thymomodulin was the form of thymosin included in the standard program. The club tried to piece together a record (the famous spreadsheet) of supplement usage per player, but found it difficult as Dank’s record keeping was shambolic.

The idea we got done because someone destroyed the evidence that would have got us off is crazy-talk. The players were found guilty because of a corrupt process involving AFL-ASADA-WADA-CAS, but mythically destroyed evidence had no possible role to play in the predetermined decision based on the ACC report that Dank was doping players.

5 Likes

Hird’s account of Evans and how he acted has never been denied or challenged. That was evidence he gave under oath in a court of law.

Evan’s had four years to account for himself and nothing.

I’m simply not content with “we don’t know” and I never will be.

19 Likes

Stanford Experiment, i think it’s called. Best google.

Nothing will make up for 2012.

4 Likes

Don’t worry guys, look over there, it’ll be a night grand final announcement soon.

I disagree. We know a lot of what was going on. It’s in statements, court transcripts, books, articles.

3 Likes

Yep.

This is/has been my sentiment/opinion for 3 years now coz as the saying goes ‘actions speak louder than words’, and as he has not spoken a word, can only go by his actions.

When/if he ever decides to speak and there is an explanation of the situation of his actions, then I may be able to form a different opinion.

For the time being, my sentiment/opinion will not change

5 Likes

As I said, we know what’s public knowledge. We can’t have context because we weren’t directly involved.

1 Like

That’s just rubbish. You don’t have to be somewhere where an event occurred to know what went on. Otherwise we wouldn’t bother with studying history. Or anything else for that matter.
No one person was at the club across everything that was going on at the club for four years. And to suggest that people that weren’t there have less of an understanding is just so wrong as to be astonishing.
Anyone there at the time experienced one part of the event, how it affected them. Whether they chose to avail themselves of all the other information is another issue. The people that were there may well know less than the people that weren’t there.
My mother knew a lot more about what was going on in World War II than my father did, and he was there. She was back home reading all about it. He knew what was going on where he was. He knew very little about what was going on anywhere else.
Players inside the protective bubble of the club may well not know anything other than what happened to them personally.

14 Likes

So Evans went down to the club the weekend before the crisis day and destroyed all the records that would have cleared his own club of the allegations against it? And he did this because… um, something something business Vlad something?

Blitz, come the fark back to earth.

4 Likes

The club not having records was a key element of the plan to blame governance and clear the players. As I have pointed out for some time, that plan was hatched long before the investigation started and long before Ziggy’s​ propaganda piece was thought of. Records, even if they proved guilt, destroyed any chance of the AFLs plans. Maybe they left it to chance and our governance just happened to fit their narrative, hmmm maybe.

8 Likes

Ultimately it was a day-to-day failing of the club, which falls firmly in the lap of the CEO. How Ian Robson can still work in this city is beyond me.

4 Likes

if you are convinced someone is guilty and believe that no records of that guilt will help them get off, then yes, you might destroy the records that would actually prove they are not guilty.
Not surprising to have a breakdown if you then later realise what you have done.

3 Likes

Presumably he also broke into the suppliers offices and deleted all their paper and electronic records too. He’s a sneaky sneaky dude that Evans

2 Likes

that whole our rules & procedures was tested in court & found okay is crap AFL were never in court about any of this …ASADA was deemed (oddly to my way of thinking) to have acted within their legislative boundaries that does not absolve the AFL of their interference & manipulation of the proceedings just as it doesn’t absolve the Gillard government of starting the whole mess with the blackest day in sport media launch :slight_smile:
Only the AFL in their pumped up self important minds could construe something they had no part in as absolving them from all wrong doing in the saga …did we ever think they wouldn’t give themselves a great bit tick of approval ???

6 Likes

Also, why are the records even that important?

“Hey guys, we’re investigating you for illegal drug use.”

“Ok cool, but here’s this invoice saying we only got totally legal stuff. Totally.”

“Oh really? Well that’s good enough for us. Case closed.”

5 Likes

wouldn’t matter if he did all of that they forensically went through everything on computers they would have found deleted documents anyway

1 Like