Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Might be this?

4 Likes

The Kreuziger case was written up in the Asser Sports law blog on 16 January 2O15. A follow up article in Cycling News of 5 June 2015 reported that the UCI and WADA decided not to appeal to CAS against the Czech rulings that the UCI provisional suspension was incorrect. More dodgy science.

1 Like

Yep- what the hell is holding him back. All we continually get are half arsed comments. How about a complete spill of all you know about the saga.

"I know what happened. I know that there were things that were added to the report, things were taken out of the report not to be seen.

What were they Bomber or Bomba? Spell it out. We’ve got a fair idea but it would do some good to hear it from the man who was in it up to his neck.

6 Likes

It’s not Bomber not thinking, it’s you overthinking.

4 Likes

Possibly the same reason why Hird can’t simply unload - contractual restrictions. The AFL would have had non-disclosure/non-disparagement clauses built into the agreements signed when they accepted the charges. The time for both to act was when Hird initially started a Supreme court action.

5 Likes

I feel for Bomber as well I hope he has some good friends around him as he lost his marriage & he lost his club I think we supporters need to send him some love too the damage this has done to so many people needs to be exposed & I hope the 34 are okay too especially the ones we no longer hear about because they aren’t playing any more …

11 Likes

So let’s assume Bomba or Hirdy make full disclosure about all those missing facts and deliberate omissions. That means it’s over to the AFL to take them to court for breaching the non disparagement clause.
We go to court and all the crooks in this corrupt saga get in the box. Perfect!
There is something seriously rotten about all of the the facts not getting out.

7 Likes

Yeah na, what would happen is that both would be sued by the AFL & none of the crooks would be called into court only the contracts showing that Hird & Bomba breached their agreements & both would face massive fines & the a media throng just waiting to tell us all how “see they are guilty again & Hird still hasn’t said he’s sorry”

2 Likes

Sure you are not channeling Same Lane QC there?

I know enough about the law to know that the crooks don’t get called to the stand when they sue you for a breach of contract.

2 Likes

Yep.

I also know enough about the law to know that we all want justice.

But the trouble is you have to have the money to buy it.

10 Likes

Paul Little is not subject to no- disparagement. He agreed to release of those tapes. For all I know, there may be more to come from that direction.
After retirement, some of the players may have their say - as Jobe has foreshadowed - but they were probably not exposed to the Evans/ AFL machinations. Whatever Evans thought he was doing to protect the players, his tactics brought them down - as well as his friend of 20 yeas plus Bomber and Danny - and nearly destroyed the club. Some legacy, his money to the club will never make up for what he did.

20 Likes

This Saga has now stuffed up this club for five seasons.

At least.

Basically, unless something dramatic happens, like the AFL starts instructing the maggiots to give us the xtra help that they have given to our opponents all this time, then this whole decade is a write off.

As I said from the start: Vlad targeted us, because no other club would have been supine enough to tolerate or strong enough to survive this.

Our 60,000+ membership proves this,

9 Likes

I’d argue that Evans actions actually cost the club more money than he donated over a period of time - Evans allowed ASADA to investigate, players remain silent, no charges from ASADA - Saved lawyer fees for the Federal Court x 2, AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal, CAS hearing, appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court and lower compensation payments to play.

That case was a cyclist Leif Hoste of Belgium who was sanctioned by the UCI for an ABP violations in 2013 - Got a two year suspension and fined 300,000 Euro’s - Belgium Court threw out the conviction based on Article Six of The European Convention on Human Rights - It’s relevant to the EFC 34 because with an ABP violation there is no positive test - So the court based their decision on two key facts - 1) Access to funds to go to CAS denies natural justice 2) The National Court of Belgium decides on the quality of evidence to prove a guilty claim - This very much lines up with the arguments of the Ex Senator from Victoria

10 Likes

Paul Little will never do anything.

The AFL will just ensure he is looked after in other ways. I wouldn’t be surprised if Little Developments ends up being in control of the Etihad re-development now that the AFL owns it.

2 Likes

The interesting thing about the theory Evans sacrificed a few mates to save the club is that he didn’t feel it necessary to sacrifice himself. And now he wants to sneak back in.

8 Likes

Sorry Sam, AFL takes them to court alleging disparagement. Judge asks why are they disparaging - over to you Gil, tell us that you didn’t do all that bullying.
Also, can you give us details of the last case you heard about breach of a non disparagement clause?

Breach of contract and you cop a fine?
Don’t think so…

Yeah I don’t think you really understand how civil cases work. Gil wouldn’t be anywhere near the courtroom & nobody from the AFL (at a stretch maybe Dillon) would give any testimony let alone be open to cross examination. IF the case made it to court (AFL would threaten massive damages to get a settlement) then it would be almost exclusively written evidence & QC’s a 10 paces. The ONLY way Gil, Vlad or Evans ever get on the stand is if Bomba & Hird bring a case against them personally & they are subpoenaed to appear. Even then there are legal avenues they would almost certainly take to avoid ever being questioned under oath.

As for cases making it to court, most are settled out of court with the most famous probably Charlie Sheen. He sued Warner & they counter sued both claiming breaches of contract & damages relating to disparaging remarks made. Eventually the case was settled for 25mil.

1 Like

Umm, what do you think happens if you are found to have breached a contract - 20 lashes, life without parole - its a civil matter? The most likely outcome is you are ordered to pay damages or at a minimum a public apology & further agreement to recant any claims made.

1 Like