Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

You missed the crucial bit at the end:

6.1 The parties will not make any disparaging statement or comments about each other in relation to the Investigation, the Charge, or any proceedings related thereto, save for any statement or comments which reflect the contents of this Deed, and save for all the info the AFL will leak to their preferred media propagandists."

2 Likes

Ha ha ha ha.

I find the last 50 odd posts disparaging.

1 Like

Will you testify to that in court, though?

1 Like

Was there any answers to questions on notice put to asada due yesterday?

Non disparagement agreements
tend to have a limited shelf life and often information is released in indirect ways.

Afraid of being questioned under oath, what a joke! As if that lot would even worry. Only people who are either afraid or respectful of the law, would NOT lie under oath. That lot, would not even give it a moment’s thought or a blink. Tactics - drag it out for as long as possible. Ensure anyone trying to get them into a court room was looked after and pursued by the media. Underhanded techniques of negotiation by the AFL are well know around town.

Please, never think for one moment, that there would be no stooping as low as a black snake’s backside to prevent, postpone and persecute. Integrity- they do not even know the meaning of the word.

2 Likes

Yes, these ones.

Answers were due yesterday.

2 Likes

WADA on the back foot again with UEFA criticism of Its handling of the Sakho higenamine affair . Reportedly WADA relied on its expert List Committe view that higenamine
( at that time a non- specified substance) was a beta-2 agonist.
The expert Committe is only an advisory committee,
So, for the future, WADS does a quick fix and lists higenamine as an example of a beta-2 agonist. It has still not addressed the science.
And ASADA did not respond to the question at Estimates about the health and performance enhancing effects of TB4. For a substance to be WADA banned , it needs to meet two of three criteria. We are still in the scientific dark about the health and performance enhancing effects of TB 4. Hunt has been informed that no new evidence. Can we therefore take it that no new evidence in regard to those 2 criteria?
No wonder ASADA muddies the waters in referring to TB4 as also coming within the S0 category, which, as demonstrated at the AFL tribunal and at CAS it cannot prove.

3 Likes

McDevitt holding out until he disappears next month?

1 Like

He had some help.

4 Likes

I attended the breakfast on Thursday morning and it was very emotional. Bomber spoke well and was very honest and forthright in his comments. The mood in the audience was very tense as he related the anguish and frustration he had endured during the saga. He is very bitter about what happened, especially that he was not able to defend the charges against himself - that it was all predetermined. He said he had lost many friendships because of the saga.

The comment that remains most in my mind relates to the players. He said that it caused him great pain to witness the players at such a low ebb. He mentioned turning up at training and the players were flat and disinterested. He watched as players who could routinely hit a team -mate on the chest from 40m were kicking the ball all over the place. He said that during this time he feared for the players.

The media articles are scant on detail and omitted a number of comments he made about the AFL and David Evans.

I was fortunate to be given an opportunity to speak and made a comment that Bomber was a legend, a triple premiership player, premiership captain and dual premiership coach. I stated that there would not be many with that CV. I also mentioned Jim and how terrible it is that the AFL has allowed such champions of the game to be subjected to such injustice and to be comfortably satisfied with that decision.

I have some notes which I need to collate and edit which I will share with Blitzers soon. I was able to have a long chat with Bomber after the event but that conversation will remain private.

We should not expect too much from Bomber in terms of seeking justice. His way of dealing with what has happened is for him to determine. I could tell it is taking its toll. To be urging action from him is unfair unless you have walked in his shoes.

To listen to his experiences over the past 4 years inspires me to continue to fight for justice. Never forgive and never forget

79 Likes

Thanks Bomber5au

2 Likes

Good on you bomber5au!

Thanks for sharing that information. You are absolutely right: Bomber Thompson IS a legend and too many on Blitz do not appreciate that.

Aside from the sporting triumphs you mentioned, he is a genuinely good bloke, at least from the only dealing I had with him asa private person.

Keep up the fight. One day the J34 will also be legends,

10 Likes

Yeah the articles had an 'Essendon are bad" flavour to them. If you just read the headline and the first few paragraphs and quotes from Bomber you would think that he was having a go at the Club. It’s not until about 2/3rds of the way through that it is explicit that he is talking about the way the AFL acted.

Of course the nuffies out there would have only read the first few paragraphs.

1 Like

Agree - they are also dangerous to boot.

That’s pretty much how that ■■■■ Blatter stayed head of FIFA for so long, and would still be head of it but for the FBI sting.

Pandered to much smaller federations than the traditional heavy weights whose votes counted the same as a Brasil, England, Spain et al

1 Like

If a Senator is not happy with a response can he/she further question the agency/individual?

He was having a real hot go at Evans

2 Likes

Depends how much he takes, I suppose.