Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

…through the actions of Gillion McLaughlin, requested ASADA to commit fraud by removing material from ASADA’s Interim Report that was unfavourable to the interests of the AFL.

9 Likes

AFL breached its duty of care…pre-judged the outcomes the AFL sought from the Joint Investigation and the Disciplinary Process…

6 Likes

why the heck not.

Lawyer alleges AFL has caused ASADA to commit fraud in its Interim Report . Philip Nelson Australia . MAY 18, 2017 — In a Statement of Claim lodged at the Supreme Court today, Lawyer Jackson Taylor has alleged the AFL had caused ASADA to commit fraud by including an alleged false statement and by removing material from ASADA’s Interim Report that was unfavourable to the interests of the AFL.

The Statement of Claim also alleges the outcome of the AFL hearing was predetermined. Here are some of Mr Taylor’s allegations:

On or about 9 February 2013, ASADA officials including ASADA chief executive Ms Aurora Andruska met AFL officials, including Gillon McLachlan, and others. During the meeting, McLachlan stated words to the effect:

“Come to arrangement: Players found to be innocent - duped. This is the
outcome”

On or about 4 June 2013, ASADA officials including Aurora Andruska had a discussion with Glenys Beauchamp, deputy secretary of the Department of Sport. During the discussion, Beauchamp referred to a:

“deal with [the] AFL: support staff sacked, points off, players off”

On or about 26 June 2013, Gillon McLachlan had a telephone discussion with Aurora Andruska. During the discussion, McLachlan spoke to Andruska about the preparation of a report by ASADA for the AFL on the Joint Investigation. Referring to the report, McLachlan stated:

“Take points off Essendon. Need detail to get through that. Get outcome we need. Take bits out that might compromise what we need”

On 16 July 2013, AFL Integrity Manager Brett Clothier had a meeting with ASADA officials to discuss the Interim Report. During the meeting, Clothier said words to the effect he wanted the Interim Report:

“assembled in a way that paints a picture of an uncontrolled environment at Essendon”

In the interviews conducted by ASADA in the Joint Investigation, ASADA reinterviewed a number of witnesses to allow them to respond to evidence given by persons in other interviews.

ASADA did not extend that same opportunity to Essendon coach James Hird.

Here is a link to Mr Taylor’s Statement of Claim:

https://www.scribd.com/document/348683862/Amended-Statement-of-Claim

Recently, Justice for the 34 issued the following statement which is still relevant to this matter:

“The investigation of the 2012 Essendon supplements program by ASADA was one of the most significant anti-doping cases in world sport with more anomalies than any other case. It impacted on Australia’s leading sporting code for four years; there were breaches of confidentiality, breaches of athletes’ rights, breaches of regulatory standards, and serious questions as to the quasi-judicial process. ASADA did not appear to apply a consistent set of regulatory standards which would have allowed athletes to prove their innocence”.

“The ASADA Act of 2006 and the administration of that Act needs review not by ASADA or WADA, not jointly with the AFL and not by the Department of Health; the ASADA Act and its administration needs to be reviewed by the Parliament that enabled it. When the ASADA Act was passed, the Parliament could not have anticipated a problem such as the Essendon matter. The ASADA Act was designed for individual athletes competing internationally, not athletes competing in indigenous team sports. In the Essendon case, the players were penalised as a group, regardless of their level of participation in the supplements program; or the individual evidence against them. There is a need to examine the ASADA Act and its implications for team sports. There is also a need for the ASADA Act to be reviewed to consider the rights of the athletes of all 94 sporting codes. And there is a need to review the ASADA Act to examine the accountability of ASADA”.

“In no other country has anti-doping been discussed so often by so many. The case for a wide ranging and forward looking anti-doping inquiry is more compelling in Australia than in any other country. Justice for the 34 renews its call for a Senate Inquiry into Anti-Doping with wide terms of reference which allows all sporting bodies, all athletes and all interested parties to make representations. It is in the national interest”.

Justice for the 34

12 Likes

Can you post the link please

2 Likes

Just in case anyone thinks Bigfooty is an blog which allows a free and fair discussion on any topic; please beware.

…the Bigfooty minders are onto me.

11 Likes

I’ve never been there - why would I ever want to leave Blitz :wink:

Seriously though, thanks again for your work!

7 Likes

So what’s the next step? Discovery?

Fark the bigfooty mods/AFL puppets

And also fark Gillon, your time is coming c*nt.

16 Likes

Hello Saga, my old friend…

23 Likes

Im picturing les grossman screaming at the phone. I will massacre you.

But seriously, i have no idea what thr means, what happens next, what is a possible, best and likely outcome?

Keep up the good fight guys

1 Like

That is fantastic news.

JACKSON TAYLOR IS A SUPER-HERO if he can pull this off.

He has been fighting against what the last 5 years have shown to be the most powerful non-governmental force in the country.

Let me advise Blitzers even less learned in the law than me, that what this means is that the AFL and its billions of dollars and its highly paid, highly powered million dollar legal teams have not been able to overcome in the lower level courts the well-reasoned legal arguments that Jackson has launched.

To paraphrase Napoleon Bonaparte, every town in Australia should make a golden statue of JacksonTaylor.

33 Likes

It speaks for itself that Clothier runs the AFL Integrity Unit.

7 Likes

9 Likes

BigFooty in Mouth?

1 Like

Yes, but what happens next? Is this actually going to trial? And if so, when?

If this ever actually gets into a court room, it’ll be fascinating to see which/who from the SC ranks has decided to stand behind the case.

@StabbytheRabbit or @Albert_Thurgood can you elaborate on what this means to us normal folk?

3 Likes

In my opinion, it means:

1. the AFL via their lawyers will try every dirty, sneaky trick in the book in order to avoid the disclosure stage.
  2. the AFL via their lawyers, will try every dirty, sneaky trick in the book in order to avoid having their clients, McLaughlin, Fitzpatrick, and possibly Clothier, take the stand and fess up under oath about what they did or didn’t do.

FYI: Avoiding the court at all costs (remember: they had to forgive Doc Reid in order to avoid going to court) has been at the forefront of the AFL’s saga agenda items for the past 4 years now.

14 Likes

We are so going to get destroyed by the umps every week and next years draw will be interstate every week too