Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

We sooooo getting fined for paying his lost coaching wages…

1 Like

Friends becomes enemies.

4 Likes

Notwithstanding the current NDA and secrecy agreements, the NatRat article says:

• the AFL are the only ones sitting at the other end of the negotiating table, Why is this?

• those who have not settled yet will follow NatRat and hold off for more. Go NatRat.

• I hope the players who have already settled thought to include some sort of claw back clause that means they get ‘topped up’ as well if NatRat wins more - a bit unlikely, as the AFL probably negotiated one on one specifically in order to keep overall costs in down.

• We know two past coaches are struggling. We know at least two players are struggling with different aspects of this as well. We know plenty of fans are still struggling to come to terms with it all. There are probably a lot more players struggling/trying to deal with what happended to them and their football careers.

6 Likes

Is General Little still on the march?

Cos he’s a litigious nightmare.

NLM smokes/ hope he knows exactly what he’s sucking into his system.

3 Likes

We’ve got ourselves a hanging judge .

1 Like

Since this saga, some of us now realise nothing has to be true or factual to get the desired result.

3 Likes

No good suing Dank, being awarded a certain amount of money by the court but Dank can’t pay it because
he is broke. You are left with a court win but a huge loss thus having to pay all the bills and no money coming
from Dank at the end of it. That is why. Besides he is only one part of the story.

The AFL and EFC carry most of the responsibility for the whole shebang. The AFL should not have allowed Dank
and Robinson to be employed at the EFC in the first place. The AFL knew what had occurred at the Gold Coast Suns
and hushed it up. EFC probably didn’t know what had happened. It didn’t go away then and; it won’t now either.

1 Like

No one has proven themselves to be immune.

1 Like

I hear thymosin is good for the immune system.

1 Like

Honestly. I dont think the club wants the fight, Why engage in a fight you cant win. It has lost the PR battle with the exception of the most ardent supporters.

The information battle was lost a long time ago and I think right now the club just doesn’t want reminding of it. The AFL will probably pay NLM to go away and I think Essendon would be happy with that. It isnt in our interest or the AFLs interest for this to drag on any longer.

1 Like

I’m just surprised that the paper managed to avoid putting up Andrew Lovett’s photo with the story.

8 Likes

What can they sue Dank for anyway?

There is no proof he did anything wrong.

Besides being disorganized maybe.

1 Like

Just a few things before we all get carried away

1. This is Between NLM and the club, the AFL are obviously an interested party. If he chooses to go the court route and sue the AFL independently, of his own accord then that’s up to him.

2. It’s in our annual report and on all our financials publicly declared that we and our insurers paid the compensation claims - maybe that’s why the media are always spouting it?

3. Regardless of what Bruce ■■■■■■■ Frances tells you, ASADA, like the club and the AFL, have a table of substances it’s ASSUMED the players were given, but due to no records being kept and for example specific substances not being at the club at the correct time that Dank claimed he was giving players that substance, and no purchase orders etc matching, it’s guess work with some of the injections. This was in the released and published judgement doc (though it shouldn’t have been released) from the ASADA trial, it was in fact the players lawyers who made that case to highlight there was no possible way ASADA could prove the players were given TB4.

3 Likes

I have read these 3 which were related to EFC (perhaps there are others but don’t have the time to go through all posts. It makes good reading, however it is a blog and yes she is lawyer and yes she is well credentialed, however, I did not read any where in those 3 articles Bruce Francis arguments being taken apart. She gives her opinion on the case.

@TezzatheKing, if you get a chance in the second article it points out how ‘strands in the cable’ and ‘links in a chain’ are used in Australian Law. It’s for the trial judge to give direction to a/the jury.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with what you’ve said.

I hope Nat-Rat can get the much needed help for his little girl and find out what treatment she needs to be well.

1 Like

Re the Jackson Taylor Court proceedings, from what I have heard, he was extremely well researched , performed well and was accorded respect by the judge. No point in speculating how the judge might come down on this issue.

13 Likes

A case linking his daughter’s condition seems a long bow. Genetically modifying sperm a year later? However, the case for damages caused to himself will be interesting. Would be on strong grounds but hard to quantify the quantum?

If he gets a significantly higher payment than other essendon players I wonder what the club will do?? Could cause some friction with players still on the list particularly.

All I can think of, is how and why the EFC hasn’t dealt with this, done the right thing by a faithful servant of the club, or o/wise kept this situation from ending up like this, and on the front page of the Herald fekken Scum.

HOW??

2 Likes

Surely any settlement via the AFL would be confidential unless of course, it was accidently leaked.