[Spec] on Changes for Anzac Day

Season is over. Here’s the changed I’d like to make:

Drop Cox and play Cutler on the wing instead. Not that Cutler played well, but Cox needs to earn his position in the VFL.

Drop Zerk-Thatcher and make Ridley more accountable. The backline just isnt working at the moment. Give a Francis or a McBride the fourth tall role

Drop Redman and move McGrath to half back. Our half backs aren’t performing and a statement needs to be made. Andy also isn’t being influential in the midfield either. Let Hobbs, Perkins and Caldwell get more midfield time. Redman can be the sub

Bring Baldwin in for Phillips. Could be Bryan, but I think reward them better VFL form

Resulting team:

Kelly Laverde Ridley
McGrath Francis Hind
Draper Parish Shiel
Cutler Caldwell Martin
Perkins Baldwin Durham
Smith Wright Waterman

Heppell Guelfi Hobbs

1 Like

Dropping our best 2 defenders from todays game is a bold strategy

3 Likes

Has francis done any training with the backs? No way they’d put him in the backline if all he’s done is forward work.

In: Stringer, Baldwin, Wanganeen, Voss.

Out: Shiel, Phillips, McGrath, Cox

Kelly Laverde Hind
Reid Ridley Heppell
Voss Parish, Cutler
Martin, Baldwin, Perkins
Wanganeen 2MP someone who cares

Draper Caldwell Stringer

Smith, Guelfi, Durham, Hobbs

Shiel/Mcg to learn how to run both ways in the VFL. Cox to sharpen his hands (he’s fumbly) and find a role he can actually develop into. Draper in because Bryan still gets bullied in the ruck when he cant leap.

I thought Zerk-Thatcher was poor and Redman has been underperforming all year. Got to stop accepting mediocrity

Two of those won’t be playing due to injury.

3 Likes

Gee we are light on

No wonder we are playing like ■■■■ when we cant penalize poor performance with playing in the seconds.

We dont have the cattle.

Cuts spent hours on the outer wing today - they never gave him a look.

1 Like

We’ll all hate it but getting belted and our season imploding is what we probably need

2 Likes

Not going to the footy that’s my only change for Anzac Day !

Out:
Heppell (managed/rested/paddock/canon take your pick PR department), Shiel (omitted), Smith (omitted permanently), Phillips (inj), BZT (omitted)

In:
Tex, Baldwin, Bryan, Stringer if fit. If not i guess BZT gets a reprieve.

Kelly, Laverde, McGrath
Redman, Cox, Ridley
Durham, Hobbs, Martin
Stringer, Wright, Perkins
Wanganeen, Baldwin, Waterman
Draper, Parish, Caldwell
Bryan, Cutler, Hind, Guelfi

Cox, McGrath, Hind all lucky to keep their spots.

Cutler would normally be an OUT but i cant imagine who to replace him with.

McGrath back to a lockdown BP with dash. Must make 5 tackles and zero around the corner kicks otherwise he is OUT next week.

Cox. If we see him as a CHB then play him there. Either in the VFL or AFL. Francis would be the alternative but i think he has proved he isnt up to it. Lets find out about Cox in the next 17 games.

I saw more attack on the ball, poise, skill and class in 5 mins from Tex at port melb today than i have from Shiel, Smith and Heppell in all games this year. Play him and push him up to HF at times.

Need to start making long term strategic decisions with this patchwork list. The sooner we can throw Reid in the better but prob not till after half way through the year.

2 Likes

Will we be a different side with Stringer,Merrett,Walla and Jones in it?

2 Likes

With a bit of luck CoVid will sweep through Essendon this week, and the top ups get a chance to play on Anzac Day.

In : jamar

2 Likes

In: Cutler, Baldwin
Out: Phillips, Cox

Tex sub

Ohh man, tempted to ■■■■ this game and drive back on the Monday during the game.

Would much rather my Tuesday at home to ■■■■ around at home instead of spending it on a miserable drive back to Adelaide.

I almost ditched tonights game too, stupid little voice on my head convinced me since I don’t get back much anymore.

Getting closer to not having my seat from the end of this year, getting harder and harder to justify

I would love to drop guys like hind, Draper and Ridleyout, but we have zero depth.

In: baldwin, Bryan ,stringer( if he’s fit)
Out: Shiel ( time to make a statement a drop this front runner)! Phillips,cox

LOL

2 Likes

Ballsy like it, can you coach in the box for the game aswell

1 Like

Well, considering the club said Merrett is 50/50 to play this week, same as Stringer, I’ll say

IN - Merrett, Stringer, Jones
OUT - don’t care.